Monday, June 30, 2008
Moody Mondays June 30, 2008
This weeks Moody Mondays is Fill-in The Blank! Have fun!
1. On Monday mornings I like to have a cup of coffee and fill in the Monday memes.
2. The worst thing about Monday's is it the start of the work week.
3. Sometimes I like to have eggs for breakfast but most of the time I prefer to have a bowl of cereal.
4. I think pets are like little furry children without the back talk.
5. A wise person once told me "You can't change a person, you can only change the way you deal with that person".
1. What’s the last thing you grab before you run out of the door in the morning? Are you pretty good at being on time? Or do you constantly run behind? If/when you’re late, what is usually the reason(s)? I don't leave the house every morning but when I do leave the house the last things I grab are my purse, my keys and my sunglasses. I am usually on time.
2. What is the last thing you bought from a vending machine? Where were you? How much did you spend? Do you use vending machines very often? The last time I bought something from a vending machine was weekend before last when we were coming home from Ft Lauderdale. I bought a package of Fritos and paid 75 cents for it. I very rarely use a vending machine.
3. What does the hand-soap in your bathroom smell of? What color are your bathroom walls? What color are your guest towels? What sort of decor, or theme, do you have in your bathroom? (Post a picture if you dare!) My hand soap has no particular smell. My master bathroom walls are a golden brown and I have a leopard theme. My kid's bathroom walls are blue and there are brown accents in that bathroom. The downstairs guest bathroom is done in blue and yellow to match the rest of the downstairs.
4. What three words do you think of when someone says ‘body’? woman, curves, water
What sound or noise do you love? I love to hear my granddaughter Bailey using her voice, whether laughing or just jabbering.
What sound or noise do you hate? There are many noises that bother me, I like the quiet. Repetitive noises, arguing, high pitched noises.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I thought I might like to be a teacher.
What profession would you not like to do? There are many professions I can't image doing - dental hygenist and working with nasty teeth, doing pedicures and working with nasty toes, toll collector - how boring. I also hate the sight of blood so any profession that is medical is something I couldn't do.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
I have gotten a lot accomplished this week. I am enjoying my on-line classes and learning a lot of new stuff!
Here are my ta-da's for this week:
- I finished Day 26 from my 28 Days class that I took a few weeks ago at BPS. I still have one more photo to take, one of myself. I need to put my makeup on so I will be able to post a picture. I am almost done with the project for that day.
- This is Layout 2 from the Now We're Rockin' digital scrapbook class at JessicaSprague.com.
- I am also most caught up on the Baker's Dozen class from BPS. Here are the links to thoses pages: Link 1, Link 2, and Link 3. I have photos for three more layouts so will probably get those done for next week.
- I also finished two more bracelet kits that I purchased at Wal-Mart.
My to-do's this week:
- Finish with the 28 Days class. Get my own picture taken and the last layout done and be done with it!
- Continue working on the other classes I am taking: Now We're Rockin', Baker's Dozen, Got Sketch 101 and Techniques 101. I haven't even started the Got Sketch and Techniques class but need to get them started this week.
- I have a couple of beady UFO's that the cats are getting into so I need to finish up some of them.
I used Crystal Laquer on the "B" on the Bailey layout in my Baker's Dozen layout 5 for my sparkly challenge this week. Next week's challenge is something patriotic.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
The project for Day 26 was four more inspiration cards for our Inspiration File. I went through a catalog and tore out some things that I find inspiring along with a great quote.
I only have one more day from my 28 Days class to finish. The project is almost done but I haven't taken the picture yet. I really want to finish this class this weekend.
It is almost a new month! Amazing! 2008 is half over. So what do I want to accomplish through Smart Habit Saturday? I am on a spending moratorium. Now this is not to say I am not going to spend any money in July but I am going to curb my frivolous spending. I am going to make a list before going shopping and I am going to stick to the list. If I see someting I want I will write it down and then decide if it is important enough to add the list the following week. I am also not taking the boys shopping with me. They are very good at spending my money. And I have a hard time saying no. I will not go to the craft store just to look or with coupon in hand to use. This is going to be hard! But it is only for a month. Wish me luck!
~Questions, Silly Questions~
1. Who is the last person you talked to? Dave, before he left for work.
2. What is your weather like right now? Hot and humid.
3. Where will you be this weekend? Right here at home, enjoying my granddaughter.
4. What's for dinner tonight? Smothered Sirloin Steak in the crockpot. I am going to put it on as soon as I finished blogging.
Today's Saturday Social Question:
How do you keep the spark and excitement in your relationship/marriage? Fortunately Dave and I really like each other so we spend a great deal of time together. We like to go to dinner and concerts and we try to get away at least for a long weekend a couple of times a year. One thing that has really helped keep the spark is the fact that my kids are only with us every other week so we have time to ourselves. (Right now I have the boys full time due to circumstances but for four plus years the week on, week off schedule has been in place).
Let's talk relationships! Pick a relationship. Either your current one, or a significant past one (You needn't be specific...). The only relationship that is worth talking about in my life is the one I have with Dave.
1. How did you meet? We met on match.com. We talked for hours for a couple of evenings and then met for dinner.
2. Was it lust at first sight? Not lust, but love. He brought me a rose, treated me like I was a princess and we have been together ever since. It will be five years next month and we are still very happy and very much in love.
3. Were they currently available? Yes, we were both divorced and ready for a committed relationship.
4. How important is physical attraction? There has to be some physical attraction to start a relationship but I think people have too high of expectations and sometimes you loose out on something very special because of looks.
5. How important is intellectual attraction? I think you need to be able to talk about things and enjoy the conversation so intellectual attraction is important especially in the long run.
6. How long until you had sex? Not long.
7. Is this/was this the love of your life? Absolutely.
8. Were they faithful? Yes
9. Were you faithful? Yes
Friday, June 27, 2008
The Friday Five June 27, 2008
Theme: USA Road Trip
- Who would you take with you on a road trip? Dave and the dogs.
- What states would you visit? California or Washington DC would be my top two destinations but I am game to go just about anywhere in the US.
- What national parks and/or monuments would you go see? I would love to see all the monuments in Washington DC and the scenery on the coast of California sure looks beautiful.
- Las Vegas: Overrated or a Must-See? I have been to Las Vegas and was not impressed. We did go to see the Hoover Damn while were in Vegas and that was awesome.
- How long would you be gone? Is forever too long?
On to my second subject, stress. I found this quote on this blog:
"Headaches know when your body is stressed!" ~ television commercialDoes this mean I am almost constantly stressed? Probably so. Sad!
1. If a five dollar bill magically appeared on your door step at the beginning of the day, every day, what would you do with it? Well, if I knew it was going to be there every day, I would save it. Otherwise, my kids would probably spend it for me.
2. Tell us about your favorite teacher from elementary/middle/high school. Mrs McKenzie my psych teacher my Senior year of high school. She was also the senior class advisor and one great lady.
3. If you could make one person disappear for good, who would it be? Well, my first thought was my ex-husband but on second thought, Dave's ex-wife. She costs us a lot more money than my ex does!
4. Do you believe in fairies? No
5. What era is your favorite for music? I don't really have an era. I enjoy country music, new and old.
6. Have you ever, or would you ever, have cosmetic surgery? I am not opposed to it but I haven't had any done.
7. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to? The only change I would make is to change my last name to Dave's last name. Maybe someday.
Friday 5 for June 27: Machinery
1. What was the last thing you purchased from a vending machine? A package of Fritos on the way from Ft Lauderdale last weekend.
2. What was the last thing you made copies of on a photocopier? One of my layouts to post on the web.
3. When did you last use a pay telephone? I cannot even remember the last time I used a pay phone.
4. How often do you visit an automatic teller machine? Very rarely.
5. Which of your daily tasks would you most like to see automated? Cleaning my house.
What is the weather like today where you live? Hot and humid.
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you? Since I have basically been a stay at home mom my entire adult life I would rate a 1.
What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.? I have blinds on all the windows and curtains on most of the windows.
Name something that instantly cheers you up. My granddaughter, Bailey.
How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning? I very rarely hit the snooze button, I can never fall back to sleep anyway.
1. Birthdays are fun for kids, something to forget for adults.
2. Spring is my favorite season because the weather is great and everything is green and lush.
3. I feel my best when I get a good night's sleep (which isn't too often).
4. Mexican is my favorite food!
5. First impressions are rarely accurate.
6. The best piece of advice I ever received was: You cannot change another person, all you can do is change the way you deal with that person.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to celebrating Brandon's birthday, tomorrow my plans include scrapbooking and taking Brent to see Wall-E and Sunday, I want to play with Bailey!