Monday, March 31, 2008
Monday - Mexican Chicken
Tuesday - Mom's BBQ Sloppy Joes, mac and cheese
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 c ketchup
- 1/2 c water
- 3 T vinegar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp mustard
Brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Add to browned ground beef mixture and cook until thick. Serve on hamburger buns.
Wednesday - Minnesota Hamburger
Slice 4-5 potatoes and place in the bottom of 2 qt greased casserole. Brown 1 lb ground beef, add onions, celery and mushrooms. Spread over potato layer. Add 1 can Chunky Vegetable Beef Soup. Top with all season salt. Do not stir. Bake uncovered for 2 hours at 325 degrees. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Thursday - Parmesan Steak, Spaghetti
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Shikabobs, Baked Potatoes
Sunday - leftovers
What is the sexiest part of the body? There ain't much sexy about this body right now. I guess my legs.
If you kissed a frog, who would you like it to turn into? Since I already have my handsome prince, I could use some money. How about a million dollars?
What do you have stuck up on your refrigerator right now? Brent's art projects, school calendar, pizza delivery magnet.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
This week Bailey has really gotten into the TV. She loves Dora the Explorer, Adventure Pets and Spongebob Squarepants. We went to Goodwill and got a Teletubbies video and she loved it too! This is Bailey straining her neck to see the TV!
We went to Goodwill twice this week. We hit the Naples Goodwill early in the week and I got Bailey quite a few really cute outfits. I also got a few things to add to the top of my kitchen cabinets. Yesterday we went to Fort Myers to shop two Goodwill stores there. They were having a Spring Cleaning Sale and everything was 50% off. Things were really picked over but I got Bailey a couple of sleepers and an outfit or two. Brent got a Quicksilver shirt he was happy with and we got three DVDs for Bailey. We then went and had dinner at a rib place.
My energy level this week has been low and I haven't gotten much done around the house. I did some beading in the evenings and got six sets done. One one was woven so the others were quick and easy! I also worked on my scrapbook organizing.
My mom is coming to visit this week and the boys have the week off for Spring Break. I think they will spend most of it with their Dad. My mom wants to get her crochet stuff listed on eBay and Etsy so I will help her get that accomplished. I would like to start listing some more junk on eBay as well. My sales are down but I haven't listed anything new since I got back from Arizona.
- I got another box of scrapbook supplies emptied and put away. It was a box of misc pictures that I sorted! I also sorted and put away all the 12x12 paper that was covering my couch in the family room!
- I went through all my pictures from 2001, yes 2001! and made a list of what kids of pictures I had and how many pictures. This helps me plan my layouts. I can look at my list and see that I have a kid's birthday party with 20 photos. This may take a four page layout so I can plan accordingly.
- This is not scrapbook related, but I have been beading a lot this week. I finished six sets of jewelry. Only one is woven the rest are strung so once I get my ideas together it doesn't take much to put them together.
My TO-DO's (plans/goals) for this coming week include:
- Continue to work on my boxes of scrapbook supplies. I only have three more boxes to put away. One is a box of memorabilia that needs to be sorted. The closer I come to getting finished the harder it is!
- Continue working on my 2001 photos and page planning. I have a huge amount of photos. My kids were little and we were busy with Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, sports, etc. My life is much less busy now.
- I listed this last week but I will list it again this week. Maybe scrapbook something this week?
Bonus Question: What inspires you to sit down and craft? I could sit all day and craft something. I guess being awake inspires me. I just wish I could get inspired to craft what I feel needs to be crafted. I really, really need to get scrapbooking again and just can't get it together. I think I have so many supplies and they are not all organized and I get overwhelmed. But, I think I am going to try to get something done today.
See what other are crafting at Sunday Scrappin'.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
- Read Bailey a bedtime story each night.
- I am another two boxes down on the scrapbook stuff. I now have three boxes left!
- I have called my parents almost every day.
Some things I want to work on next week:
- Drink more water.
- Start taking Bailey out for a daily walk in her stroller.
- Get back into a weekly cleaning schedule.
See what others are doing for Smart Habit Saturday.
Friday, March 28, 2008
What does the color dark green make you think of? Trees, nature, a forest.
How many cousins do you have? 12 - Although some I have never met.
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how honest are you? I have answered this in the past as a higher number. Now I realize that I fib to save face or to save someone's feelings so now I would rate my honesty at an 8.
Name something that is truly free. The love of a grandbaby.
Using the letters in the word SPRING, write a sentence. Small puppies rarely ignore nocturnal grumblings. Dumb, I know!
1. Some relationships are meant to be forever.
2. Brad Paisley is the last concert I saw; it was awesome!
3. Spring should be sunny, breezy and warm not hot and humid!
4. Oh no! I forgot to clean up the kitchen after dinner last night!
5. I've recently started taking care of my granddaughter full time.
6. My granddaughter Bailey never fails to make me smile.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Your Mama Don't Dance, tomorrow my plans include nothing special and Sunday, I want to finish getting ready for my mom's visit!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Grabbed this from Jennifer.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE:
- GUM: Even though I hate their commercials, I like Orbit gum.
- RESTAURANT: Ruth's Chris
- DRINK: Diet Root Beer
- SEASON: Spring
- TYPE OF WEATHER: Sunny and 75 degrees
- EMOTION: Happiness
- THING TO DO ON A HALF DAY: Scrapbook, bead, read, spend time with the boys and Bailey
- LATE-NIGHT ACTIVITY: Sleeping, reading
- SPORT: If I have to choose - Arena Football
- CITY: Aiken, SC
- STORE: Wal-Mart, Goodwill
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU . . .
- CRIED: With in the last week
- PLAYED A SPORT: I have no idea!
- LAUGHED: Last night at dinner at Bailey at the funny faces she was making!
- HUGGED SOMEONE: This morning when Dave left for work
- KISSED SOMEONE: This morning when Dave left for work
- FELT DEPRESSED: Sometime this week
- FELT ELATED: Sometime this week
- FELT OVERWORKED: As a Stay At Home Grandma, nearly every day!
- FAKED SICK: I don't usually have to fake sick since I don't have a "real" job!
- LIED: Don't remember
WHAT WAS THE LAST . . .
- WORD YOU SAID: Bailey Boo Boo
- THING YOU ATE: Steak N Shake Burger and Fries
- SONG YOU LISTENED TO: Does the theme song from Dora the Explorer count?
- THING YOU DRANK: Coffee
- PLACE YOU WENT TO: Steak N Shake
- MOVIE YOU SAW: Alvin and the Chipmunks
- MOVIE YOU RENTED: American Dreamz
- CONCERT YOU ATTENDED: Brad Paisley
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU . . .
- HUGGED: Dave
- CRIED OVER: Nicole
- KISSED: Dave or Bailey
- DANCED WITH: Dave
- SHARED A SECRET WITH: my mom
- HAD A SLEEPOVER WITH: my mom
- CALLED: my mom
- WENT TO A MOVIE WITH: Brent and Brandon
- SAW: Bailey
- WERE ANGRY WITH: Nicole
- COULDN'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF OF: Bailey
- OBSESSED OVER: Bailey
HAVE YOU EVER . . .
- DANCED IN THE RAIN: Yes
- KISSED SOMEONE: Yes
- DONE DRUGS: Yes
- DRANK ALCOHOL: Yes
- SLEPT AROUND: No
- PARTIED 'TIL THE SUN CAME UP: If I did, it was a long, long time ago!
- HAD A MOVIE MARATHON: Yes
- GONE TOO FAR ON A DARE: Yes
- SPUN UNTIL YOU WERE IMMENSELY DIZZY: Yes
- TAKEN A SURVEY QUITE LIKE THIS BEFORE: No
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
March 25th, 2008
- Get the book 1000 Questions for Couples and use it! And if you aren't compatible now, you won't be later! I bought this book five years ago and Dave and I still read from it.
- Save money.
- Take a vacation.
- Finish school, make career choices.
- Spend time alone and enjoy doing it.
- Don't rush it. If it is true love, it will true love a year from now.
- Realize you can't change him/her. Can you live with that for the next 50 years?
- Spend time with your friends.
- Marry for the right reason.
- Don't settle!
Front Seat Before Picture:
Middle Seat Before Picture:
Front Seat After Picture:
Monday, March 24, 2008
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor/ favorite type of shoe): Chocolate Almond Sandle
3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color/favorite animal): Blue Leopard
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name/city where you were born): Salem (I don't have a middle name)
5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first 3 letters of your last name/ first 2 of your first name): Dufch
6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color/ favorite drink): Purple Iced Tea
7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Edwin Williard
8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume,cologne or scent/favorite candy): Angelfire Peanut Butter Cups
9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your 5th grade teacher’s last name/ a major city that starts with the same letter): Leonard Lexington
10. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/favorite holiday): Spring Christmas
11. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit/ article of clothing you’re wearing right now): Canteloupe Stretch Pants
12. HIPPIE NAME: (What you ate for breakfast/your favorite tree): Coconut Cake Palm
Leftovers from Easter
Macaroni & Cheese
Corn on the Cob
- 1 (6 oz) can tuna
1/8 c minced onion
- 1/8 c minced celery
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp chives
- 3/4 c crushed crackers
- 3/4 T oil
- Make patties and place on plate in refrigerator for one hour. Brown in oil.
- 1/2 lb round steak
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c bread crumbs
- 1/3 c oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 c hot water
- 1 c mozzarella cheese
- Place meat between pieces of waxed paper and pound meat thin. Cut into 6-8 pieces. Dip meat in egg, roll in mixture of cheese and crumbs. Heat oil in skillet. Brown meat on both sides and lay in shallow 9x12" baking pan. In same skillet cook onion until soft. Stir in salt, pepper, sugar, marjoram, and tomato paste. Gradually add the hot water. Boil 5 mins. Pour most of the sauce over the meat, top with cheese and remaining sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve with spaghetti.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
- I am down to 4 boxes of scrapbook supplies to organize. This is down from a high of 22 boxes.
- I made Easter cards! You can see them here.
- Continue working on my organizing of supplies. I would like to get the rest of my paper put away. And get my boxes of pictures put away.
- Start page planning. I like to spend a couple of days page planning, picking all the parts to a layout including picture and put everything in a page protector. Then I sit down later and work from already planned layouts. I find that I get more done that way. My stash of planned pages is getting very small.
- Maybe scrapbook something this week?
Saturday, March 22, 2008
I have had a few things happen in my life this week that makes me rethink what is important in life. My 19 year old daughter has an eight month old daughter and they both live with us. My daughter is not taking care of her daughter (my grandbaby) the way I felt she should be so I have taken over the daily care of Bailey. Now, I am 45 and my youngest is 12 so it has been quite some years since I have taken care of an infant. Needless to say I am exhausted from hauling around a 20 pound baby and being awaken 5-6 times per night. That being said, spending time with Bailey and helping her grow and become strong and independent is time well spent and I couldn't be happier doing it for my granddaughter. But, it makes me stop and think about our daily habits and if we should put more thought into our people habits instead of our stuff habits? Spend more time with our kids, our family? Anyway, that is my Smart Habit for this week and upcoming weeks. Help Bailey thrive. And my Dad turns 70 today and the whole family is getting together tomorrow for a birthday/Easter celebration. We haven't all been together in over four years so it will be a nice treat for everyone especially my Dad. So another habit for this week and upcoming weeks - spend quality time with loved ones.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
1. Redecorating the house is so exciting!
Salad - Fill in the blank: I couldn’t believe it when I heard that my son's Jeep had caught on fire. He, fortunately was just kidding with me! He thought it was leaking gas and then told me it had caught on fire and it turned out he had just filled the tank too full. Teenagers!
Main Course - If you could star in a commercial for one of your favorite products, which one would you want to advertise? My General Foods International French Vanilla coffee.
Dessert - What type(s) of vitamins and/or supplements do you take on a regular basis? none but at my age I probably should!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Before photo scrapbook table:
After photo desk shot #1:
After photo desk shot #2: After photo scrapbook table:
I still have six boxes of scrapbook, memorabilia and photos to go through but having six left of 22 is a great is my book. Next week I will try and get to the remaining boxes.
March 17th, 2008
- The beach
- Downtown Fifth Ave (to see how the other half live and shop)
- The beach
- Naples Zoo
- The beach
- Either an Everblades Hockey game or an Arena Football game at Germain Arena.
- The beach
- Coconut Point Mall
- The beach
- One of our many excellent seafood restaurants.
Oh, and did I mention the beach? Although I live here I don't frequent the beach. If it is too hot outside (like above 80) I get a migraine. But if you come to visit I will be more than happy to give you directions to the beach!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
If you could have any music group or musician play at a party, who would you hire? I think it would have to be Sugarland. They are hot right now and I haven't seen them in concert.
Name three things to be happy about today.
- I got woke up to Bailey's smiling face.
- I have a great family and friends.
- I am planning my dad's 70th birthday party and Easter dinner combo with my mom. And my sister and her family are coming. It will be the first time in over four years that we have all been together.
How do you release frustration? Crafting releases most of my frustrations, either beading, scrapbooking or stamping. Reading a book, watching a movie, calling Dave, my mom and or a friend to vent.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Corned Beef Casserole (since we had corned beef last week)
- 1 (12oz) can corned beef
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 c shredded cheese
- 8 oz cooked noodles
- 1 c milk
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- Break up corned beef with fork and mix everything in bowl. Pour into greased 9"x 12" casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake at 325 for 1 hour.
Steakums Sandwiches w/sauteed onions
Pot Roast (in the crockpot)
Noodles & Gravy
Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 1 (10oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 c water
- 6 oz grated cheddar
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 6 green onions sliced
- tortilla chips
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and put into skillet with tomatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat until chicken is done. Stir in soup, water, onions and cheese. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins. Serve with tortilla chips.
SUNDAY (we are celebrating both Easter and my Dad's 70th birthday!)
- 2 c crushed pineapple
- 1 3/4 c sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- Mix cornstarch with sugar, add to pineapple. Then add beaten eggs. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dab with butter. Bake in buttered dish @ 350 for 1 hour.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Now why would left and right jump out at me? Because I am one of a handful of people who does not know my left from my right! Duh! What part of my brain is not connected that I don't know my left from my right? One of Dave's favorite comments to me is "your other right (or left)." I do ok when I am driving since I know if I am on the side of the road with the sidewalk I am on the right side of the road and if I am near the median I am on the left. And when you make a right turn you hug the sidewalk and when you make a left turn you are turning into the traffic. Does this make sense? If you said no, you understand how I feel about the left/right thing. And who has to think about which way is right or left? I hate it when people tell me the bathroom is first door on the left/right. I hate it when I have to give directions. I hate it when I am scratching either Dave or one of the boy's backs and they say "more to the left/right" and I go the wrong way.
Now, all three of my kids know their left from their right so how did a left/right challenged parent accomplish this? I have concluded that this is a nature/nuture thing since I obviously could not have taught them left/right since I don't know it myself. Maybe there is a fix for this? A plug that just needs to be plugged in? Now, could you please scratch my back? A little to the left ( or maybe the right?). ARG, I don't know!!!!
My TO-DO's (plans/goals) for this coming week include finishing the organizing of the stuff that I have out. I still have 6 boxes of scrapbook stuff that I need to go thru but if I get thru the stuff sitting out I will be happy. I also would like to actually scrapbook or stamp something this week!
Bonus Question: How long could you keep on crafting without buying new supplies? Oh my gosh, since I have owned a brick and morter scrapbook store and have been a Close to My Heart consultant for over six years I could probably keep scrapbooking for the rest of my life and not run out of anything other than adhesive!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
For my Smart Habit Saturday I am working on two things:
- Getting back to using my day planner. When I was working full time I used to treat my day planner like it was an instruction manual for life. And I guess it is if you use it like that. I bought a purse (yeah, I needed an excuse for a new purse) that it will fit in. I wrote my shopping list and my menu planning in it this week AND I took it shopping with me. My day planner and I are once again becoming friends. It helps that I have a picture of my grandbaby Bailey on the front of my planner.
- I am still working on emptying boxes in the craft part of the family room so that I can start scrapbooking again. I made a goal at the beginning of the year and I have already falled behind in pages completed. I started with 22 boxes and am down to about 8 so at least I am making progress. The cable man is coming today to install digital HD cable service and a DVR so I have to clear a path for him to work in the family room.
Off to organize. Happy Saturday!
Friday, March 14, 2008
Appetizer - On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 as highest), how much do you like your own handwriting? As a scrapbooker, this is something we discuss quite often. I would rate my own handwriting about a 7. But even if we don't really like our own handwriting think about your parent's or grandparent's handwriting and how much a handwritten note or card means to you.
Soup - Do you prefer baths or showers? I don't prefer one over the other. If I am feeling achy or just not up to par I take a bath. Dave just recently turned up the water heater temperature so now I can take a HOT bath. But for day to day cleansing I use the shower.
Salad - What was the last bad movie you watched? I ordered the Thomas Crown Affair from Blockbuster not realizing it was the OLD Thomas Crown Affair. Boring!
Main Course - Name something you are addicted to and describe how it affects your life. When I first read this question I thought of good addictions but reading it the second time I think a bad addiction is really what is being asked. My good addictions are scrapbooking and beading. Both crafts help me to relax but I spend too much money on both. My bad addiction would be my procrastination. I put stuff off for so long then when I get to it it is a much bigger job than if I had done it right away.
Which instrument is your favorite to listen to? I am a huge country music fan so a guitar or a fiddle rank high on my list of favorite instruments.
1. Contact may cause more contact.
2. The parties hereto do mutually agree to try and keep the bathroom clean this week.
3. Disney parks rock.
4. Another hot cup of coffee sounds really good right about now!
5. I positively love having my windows open and the breeze blowing in.
6. My Grandbaby, Bailey always makes me smile :-)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Mama Don't Dance, tomorrow my plans include dinner out with Dave and Sunday, I want to get enough done in the family room to be able to scrapbook!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
I also have all my supplies to install the curtains to separate the storage area from the office and family room. I have 132' of wire to cut and install, then cut and hem and install 66 grommets on the drop cloths I am using as curtains. If I get this done by the weekend I will be happy.
I also have my guest bathroom in the back of my mind. This is the bathroom upstairs that the kids use. It is amazing how nasty that bathroom gets with three able bodied children available to clean. There are more bottles of shampoo, conditioner, hair products, cologne, makeup, toothpaste, etc., than Walgreen's carries. The soap dish is broken. It is plastic, how the heck did it get broken? There is no toilet paper in there. There is plenty of toilet paper in the closet but none in the bathroom. And these kids are not little - they are almost 20, 17 and 12. Way big enough to keep a bathroom clean. I have ordered pump dispensors for the shampoo and conditioner and I am going shopping for new accessories this week. I am going to go in and clean and they will all be surprised by how much stuff ends up in the garbage.
I am so glad I found this site. It has helped me make goals and stick to them. My house is finally getting decluttered and I am feeling good about my accomplishments. Now, when it is all done and I am able to spend more time scrapbooking life will be wonderful!
Friday, March 7, 2008
Appetizer - If you could be any current celebrity for one whole week, who would you want to be? My first thought was Oprah. To get to talk to (mostly) interesting people every day and have the money to help that she does. My life is pretty ok so I really don't want to be a celebrity. I value my privacy way too much!
Soup - On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you enjoy talking on the phone? That totally depends on who I am talking to - if it is someone I want to talk with then a 10, if it's a solicitor or bill collector a 1.
Salad - Name a charitable organization to which you have donated (or would like to). I have donated to Goodwill, UMCOR (The United Methodist Committee on Relief) and the Humane Society. I would like to donate to American Cancer Society.
Main Course - What is a food you like so much you could eat it every single day for a month? Chicken
Dessert - Have you or anyone in your family had the flu this year? All my immediate family has had the flu except (knocking loudly on wood) ME!
1. Ahhhh, it's so nice to chat on the phone with Wendy for over an hour (which I just got done doing).
2. One of my favorite things on my desk or bureau is a picture of Wendy, Susan and I celebrating my birthday in a yellow stained glass frame.
3. Japanese Cherry Blossom is a fragrant flower.
4. My bed is my favorite place to sit and read.
5. Chocolate and peanut butter is delicious!
6. I love to watch Reese Witherspoon in movies.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to World Market with my mom, tomorrow my plans include spending time with my mom and Sunday, I want to spend time with Dave!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
March 4th, 2008
- Diet Root Beer
- Iced Tea (with sweet and low)
- Flavored Water (any flavor other than lemon)
- General Foods International French Vanilla Coffee
- Wal-Mart's brand of Crystal Light esp Cranberry, Orange or Strawberry
- Fuzzy Navel
- Hot tea with milk and sugar
- Diet Root Beer with a splash of Vanilla Vodka!
- Diet Orange Crush with a splash of Vanilla Vodka!
- Smirnoff Ice on ice
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Have you seen this cool site? It is SheetLoad of Cards blog and they have some great ideas and some really cool giveaways for their 15,000 hits celebration. Go and check it out!