Sunday, August 31, 2008
Most of my ta-da's this week are in a slide show and then there are more here, here and here. I am taking the Product Playground 2 class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking and also the Got Sketch 102 class. Both of these class are motivating me to get some layouts done. I found more 2003 pictures and finished them this week. I just need to get a photo for my cover page and put it together and I will be done, done, done with 2003 pictures and layouts. I worked on putting my albums together for 2003 and 2004 and am just waiting for a album and some page protectors to finish that project. Now, I am working through my 2005 pictures.
For my to-do's this week I need to get my boxes of scrapbook supplies out of my van and put away. We emptied our storage unit this weekend and I brought home a van load of craft supplies that need to be gone through. I also want to continue working on my classes and my 2005 pictures. I have another class starting this week so I will busy with classes.
The challenge last week was to add some texture to your project. Even with all the pages I got done this week none has any texture on them. This week's challenge should be easier, dig out an unopened embellishment that you have in your stash and actually USE IT! I have used quite a few embellishments the past couple of weeks and am sure I will be using more this week!
Friday, August 29, 2008
One of the classes I am taking now is Product Playground 2 over at BPS. Each week we focus on a product and then we use it in our layouts. The product for week 1 is edges - edges papers, frills, etc., anything with an edge. You can even make your own edges. My first two layouts are from the challenge, I used the sketch provided in my first layout, I used brads and I used something green. The second two layouts also used edges, an edged frame, as well as a tiny tag. These photos are from a trip to visit my bestest friend Wendy in Tucson. We took a jeep ride way out into the desert and saw creepy, crawly things I didn't really need to know existed.
Ok, I really thought I had all my 2003 pictures scrapbooked last week but I found these pictures of the kid's Thanksgiving trip that they took with their dad that year. So, now I am honestly done with my 2003 pictures. Oh, except for the cover page since I haven't found a picture for that page yet! I have started on my 2005 pictures and will post some layouts soon!
Know and Tell Friday August 29, 2008
1. How far in advance do you start getting ready for back-to-school (whether for your own kids, or for yourself when you were in school)? This year I only have one child to shop for. We started shopping for back-to-school about two weeks before school started.
2. Do you have any picky eaters who need special considerations for lunches? What does a typical bagged lunch look like in your house? We don't pack lunch, Brent eats at school.
3. What school supply items do you skimp on and what are you willing to shell out the big bucks for? I check the sales for school supplies and Brent is really easy to please on clothes but his shoes are a major expense. His shoes and socks have got to fit perfectly or he isn't going to wear them. He is in the smallest men's size for shoes and it is so difficult to find a pair that fits that I will spend whatever amount as long as he is happy.
4. Do you get your kids up, or do they get up on their own? Any snooze-hitters that have trouble waking up? How about the opposite, any kids that are up at the crack of dawn? Once my kids get into high school I don't wake them anymore. Both the two older ones were major snooze hitters. Brent doesn't have to catch the bus until 8:40 so he is usually up on his own.
5. Any cafeteria horror stories? Is school food as bad as they say? Brent doesn't usually complain about the food at school.
6. How important is it to you to make sure your kids have the latest styles and trendiest accessories? Brent is a lot like me in the clothing department, comfort is much more important to him than style. He gets lots of hand-me-down shirts that Brandon bought so he has a huge variety of stuff to choose from.
7. Remember the movie Kindergarten Cop? If Arnold Schwarzenegger was your child's new kindergarten teacher, how would you feel? A man teacher for kingergarten? Weird! You need a loving, caring kindergarten teacher, either someone who reminds you of your mom or your grandma.
1. When I'm sick I'm miserable.
2. When I take a walk, I think about solving all my problems.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can sure make life easier .
4. Cotton makes me comfortable, and leather makes me sweat.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was Ranger from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels.
6. My favorite color these days is blue because I love the color blue!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to playing with Bailey, tomorrow my plans include emptying the storage unit and Sunday, I want to scrapbook, read and relax!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
I thought I was all done with my 2003 pictures but I found these rock climbing pictures and some pictures of the kids during Thanksgiving when they were with their dad. I have scrapbooked all those pictures and now I am looking for a picture for the title page of my 2003 albums and I will be done.
I am also waiting for another album and page protectors from JoAnnes. They have already shipped them so they should be here shortly. I will then be complete with 2003 and 2005! I have sorted through all my 2004 pictures and don't have too much more to do on them. Off to scrapbook!
If you’re anything like me, one of your favorite reasons to read is for the story. Not for the character development and interaction. Not because of the descriptive, emotive powers of the writer. Not because of deep, literary meaning hidden beneath layers of metaphor. (Even though those are all good things.) No … it’s because you want to know what happens next?
Or, um, is it just me?
I am totally with you! I loose sleep simply because I need to know what is going to happen next!
1. Do you ever get a 'break' from people (Say your S.O. goes on a personal vacation or something)? If you do, do you like the time alone? Why/why not? About twice a year Dave goes to Michigan for one reason or another. Although I do enjoy the time alone (no what's for dinner?, no meal planning), I am ALWAYS happy when he is home.
2. Do you think being alone is a bad thing? Why/why not? I think we should all be able to be alone sometimes. We should all enjoy our own company well enough to spend some time alone.
3. Everyone gets lonely sometimes. How do you cope with being lonely? What do you do to make that feeling go away? If I am lonely I will usually pick up the phone and call someone. If I am lonely and feeling sorry for myself as well I will usually crawl into bed with a good book.
Monday, August 25, 2008
You Are Sunrise
You enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. You enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary.
You are a person of reflection and meditation. You start and end every day by looking inward.
Caring and giving, you enjoy making people happy. You're often cooking for friends or buying them gifts.
All in all, you know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
13. Take my vitamins every day for a month (2/30)
29. Once a month for three months send a card or letter just because (1/3) 8/25/08 send a card to Ruth & Ira
57. Read an average of two books a week
e. 8/18-8/24 - Cost by Roxanne Robinson and To The Nines by Janet Evanovich
58. Watch at least three movies each week
e. 8/18-8/24 – Trust the Man, Ready to Wear, Nancy Drew
83. Get digital scrapbook layouts printed for albums
And one completed item:
86. Finish my 2003 scrapbook pages
I didn't participate last week in Sunday Scrappin'. I spent the week with my Mom and we worked on her Christmas cards but I didn't finish any scrapbook pages.
My ta-da's this week are in a slide show again this week. I completed 20 scrapbook pages. These are simple pages and I am so happy to be done with my 2003 pictures!
- Putting my 2003 album together.
- Getting my scrapbook room cleaned up
- Getting my Close to My Heart order put away
- Get ready for three on-line classes that I am taking.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Know and Tell Friday August 22, 2oo8
1. Are you right- or left-handed? Right handed
2. Any nicknames they have (or have had) and the story behind them? My dad and my niece Jessie can only get away with calling me Chrissy.
3. Do you need to do laundry right now? I am almost done.
4. What CD is in your CD player/music on your iPod right now? anything country
5. How/when did you learn to ride a bicycle? I was about 12. I learned by myself on the side of the house.
6. What is your favorite weird food combination? I can't think of any weird food combination but we always have cottage cheese when we have cube steaks.
7. What is something you have that is of sentimental value? I have lots of sentimental items. Probably most sentimental are the afghans and baby blankets made by my Mom and my two Grandmothers (one Grandmother is gone).
1. Dancing to the band while drinking makes me dizzy.
2. The last time I walked around the neighborhood I nearly had heat stroke.
3. When I drive I like to listen to country music and sing along.
4. I saw the boys standing in the bushes.
5. Give me peace, give me quiet, give me more time to craft.
6. Next week I am looking forward to getting back to a routine.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to dinner out with Dave, tomorrow my plans include some cleaning and some scrapbooking and Sunday, I want to go to church and then relax!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
1. What are your favorite colors? Blue and yellow
2. What is your favorite kind of clothing to wear? Why? I like comfortable clothes, stretchy pants, comfortable shirts, flip flops. I like these types of clothes because I am working from home and not trying to impress anyone. What's your least favorite? Anything too tight.
3. Do you like to take showers or baths? Why/why not? I usually take showers but an occasional bath is great. I took a bath in the middle of the night last night because my back was really bothering me.
What is your earliest memory of a library? Who took you? Do you have you any funny/odd memories of the library? I can remember going to the library when we lived in Pennsylvania (We moved to Florida when I was 8). We lived in a really small town so my mom would take us to the library in the town where my aunt lived in East Palestine, Ohio. Now my aunt works at that same library.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
My Mom was visiting last week so I spent most of last week with her. We went thrift store shopping a couple of days, went to a craft show and had a blast. I have tons of stuff to put away and I haven't blogged in a week. But here is what I have accomplished from my 101 in 1001 days list:
31. Spend an afternoon with Brandon once a month for six months (2/6) This one turned out to be easier than I thought, we signed up for a bowling league and it starts this Tuesday. I purchased a pair of bowling shoes and my ball and bag should be here when we go for the meeting on Tuesday. Brandon and I are both excited about this.
45. Try a new restaurant once a month for six months (08/08 – Buckets) We tried a wing place in Ft Myers. I have been craving garlic parmesan wings like I had when I was in Tucson but Buckets didn't have them.
48. Save a $1.00 a day for 1001 days ($100/1001)
51. Get a new filing cabinet and use it! Got the filing cabinet and moved all the stuff into it. There is a small pile on top that needs to be put away.
57. Read an average of two books a week
c. 8/4-8/10 Ghostwalk by Rebecca Stott and Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn
d. 8/11-8/17 Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult and Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich
58. Watch at least three movies each week
c. 8/4-8/10 Junebug, The Wedding Date, Mona Lisa Smile
d. 8/11-8/17 Far From Heaven, The Pianist, The Motorcycle Diaries
59. Read new authors A to Z of Authors (A-B-Emilie Barnes C-Dixie Cash D-E-Janet Evanovich F-Joy Fielding G-Lynn Grabhorn H-I-J-K-Sophia Kensella L-M-N-O-P-Jodi Picoult Q-R-Roxanne Robinson S-Rebecca Stott T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z-)
64. Watch Friends DVD’s (Season 1, 2, 3, and 4) I am working on Season 1. At last a show I haven't seen most of.
77. Scrapbook at least once a week for six months. This one has been easy as well, I got 24 pages done week before last. I have two to finish for this past week but with my Mom here we didn't get much scrapbooking done.
92. Put photos in my empty picture frame collection I have pictures in 4 or 5 of my frames so I am working on this one. I also purchased 4 or 5 new frames this past week while thrift store shopping.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
My ta-da's this week are in the form of a slide show. I have spent far less time on the computer and more time in my scrapbook room and I have lots of layouts to show:
I also took all my pages out of my 2003 albums so I could organize these pages that I have finished. I am going to wait until I have all the pictures scrapbooked before I put the pages back in the albums.
My to-do's for the coming week:
- Help my mom with her Christmas cards. We designed these about six years ago and have never finished them. We are going to finish them this week.
- Continue with my 2003 pictures and get them scrapbooked.
- Continue organizing my scrapbook room.
- Possibly work on my Techniques 101 class and make cards for my inspiration file.
Friday, August 8, 2008
1. My favorite bedtime attire is a night shirt.
2. The perfect meal would include a rib-eye steak with a hearty side of scalloped potatoes and a big glass of sweet tea.
3. The most memorable girl's night out I've ever had was when my Mom and I went to Stars on Ice. We renting a limo, went to dinner and then to the show. That was in 2002. I was 39-years-old.
4. My earliest memory is spending the summer in Canada with my family, I was about 3.
5. The family is gone for the evening and I will spend my time scrapbooking.
6. Right now I am blogging and talking to my mom.
7. When I am done blogging, I am going to scan some finished scrapbook pages into my computer.
1. You know you're old when you need your glasses to read the menu.
2. My heart is divided between taking a job and enjoying my time at home.
3. Another cup of coffee is what I need RIGHT NOW!
4. I have felt the feelings, I have known the depths of true love.
5. Gah, won't these people learn how to drive.
6. Get the house clean as soon as you can! And then it's time for fun!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to bowling with Brandon, tomorrow my plans include spending the day with my Mom and Sunday, I want to go to church!