Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday June 3, 2008
10 Ways the World Has Changed Since You’ve Been in School

Well, I graduated in 1980 so there are many things that have changed since I have been in school so here goes:

  1. When I was in school we didn't have computers at all. We typed our papers on a typewriter! Does anyone even own a typewriter today?
  2. And since there were no computers there was no internet. If you wanted to research something you went to the library. And used an encyclopedia (that was usually way outdated). I can't even image doing a term paper today with all the information we have at out fingertips.
  3. There was no cordless telephones when I was in school. When I talked to my boyfriend I had to sit at the desk in the kitchen while my parents were in the next room. NO privacy!
  4. There were no cell phones. I wonder how my parents handled not being able to be in touch with me when I was out?
  5. No video games. If you wanted to play a game you got a board game out of the closet and played with your siblings.
  6. The way we listened to music was an LP, or an 8 Track or a cassette. No CD's, no Ipods, no satellite radio. Remember transitor radios?
  7. I can remember having three television stations to watch. So we just went and played outside instead.
  8. How about going to the drugstore to pick up your pictures? That you took on a camera that had film in it? Wow!
  9. I can remember taping TV shows on a VHS tape. Now we have Tivo and DVR.
  10. The news. When I was a kid you didn't hear about every child abduction or horrible event in every part of the country. You heard about the local stuff but without the technology of today, news didn't travel quite so fast.

No comments: