Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Summer Movies and Oil June 21, 2008
1. The other day I purchased gas for $3.96, which was less than the $4.37 my local station charges per gallon. What is the current gas price in your area for regular? Around $4.03
2. Will your vacation plans be altered by the price of gas? That along with the fact I have been unemployed since November.
3. Is there any movie this summer that you're looking forward to seeing? Sex and the City
4. Gas prices aside, what is your favorite vacation destination? South Carolina
5. Will you watch more film on DVD than in theaters this summer? Absolutely, with my Blockbuster membership, DVDSwap membership, the library and my DVR I will watch many more movies at home.
6. Will you fly anywhere this summer? Dave has to go back to Michigan for a court thing but nothing other than that.
7. Guess: How high will a gallon of gas peak at? I don't even want to think about that!
8. Will gas prices effect who you vote for in this fall's election? Probably not.
9. How much will the price of home heating oil effect you? Since I live in SW Florida it won't effect me much. The price to cool my home is starting to effect us and I just turned the thermostat up a bit.

5 comments:

Mercedes said...

Woohoo~South Carolina is good! We are going to The Biltmore in NC in a few weeks.

Mine is posted here.

Happy Saturday!
Mere

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I am looking forward to Sex & the City as well. I didn't say so in my Sat-9. It's like a law or something that men shouldn't like it! Have a great day!

ShannonW said...

DVD's for the win! I like watching movies in the comfort of my home :)

Florida! I would like to live there but we will probably end up in Wisconsin LOL

storyteller said...

South Carolina is lovely to visit though much too far to drive with these prices. We’re paying more for gas in So Cal than most everywhere it seems. Imagine my surprise. Are you looking for work? Seems like being a grandma could be more fun, though it may not pay well ;--)

I’m running late this weekend on Saturday memes because my computer balked in the HEAT WAVE yesterday and I had to turn it off. I've posted my Saturday 9 a couple of hours ago (on Sunday morning) at Small Reflections … then ate some breakfast, watered the yard, then took Molly for a walk … letting my computer cool down a while. Maybe it will let me visit others before giving me fits again. Hope you’ll drop by when time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

Trish said...

Wow, sounds like you are all set for DVDs! I've been thinking about trying the Blockbuster thing since, when we do get there, we spend forever trying to find a movie we all agree on!