Friday, July 11, 2008

Four on Friday

July 11, 2008

Four For Friday
Q1 - Can I See?: Almost everywhere I've lived, I've had neighbors close enough to my own home that I've often wondered what the inside of their house or apartment looked like. How well do you know your neighbors floor plans? If not at all, are you curious to see what the inside of their homes look like? I live in a townhouse so my neighbors are really close. There are only six different floor plans so I know what the layout is of each house but I am curious about how people decorate.
Q2 - Four-day Work Week: Many states now offer a four-day work week option for state employees, but according to published media reports, later this year, Utah will become the first state to switch over to a mandatory four-day work week for its state employees. Utah's Governor says he's making the change to reduce the state's carbon footprint, increase energy efficiency, improve customer service and provide workers more flexibility. How do you feel about state workers moving to a four-day work week (regardless of which state you work in)? Do you think it will help the core metrics Utah's Governor says it will (i.e., carbon footprint, energy efficiency, customer service, and worker flexibility)? It think there is a lot of positives with a four day week. I think it would help with worker moral to have three days off a week, being able to spend more time with family. As far as energy efficiency I am not sure how it would save since workers will be there longer on days they work and I don't think they will close down the government one day a week? Who knows?
Q3 - Virtual Worlds: During the months of April, May, and June of this year, investors poured an astounding $160 million into 16 different companies that build, manage, and host virtual reality worlds online. Perhaps even more surprising is this: leading research firm Gartner predicts that 80% of all active Internet users will be members of virtual worlds by the year 2011. Have you ever visited or joined a online virtual world (i.e., Second Life, The Sims Online, Disney's Toontown, Habbo Hotel, IMVU, Barbie Girls, Gaia Online, World of Warcraft, Lively by Google, etc.)? If so, how often do you participate? If not, do you think you'll adapt and become part of the 80% of us predicted to be active by 2011? I guess I will be the 20% since I have no idea what a virtual world is.
Q4 - Music: What song or album are you hooked on right now? I am not really listening to music at all right now.

No comments: