Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Topic: Fast Food Joints
What is your favourite fast food place? Taco Bell
Where was the last place you got fast food from? McDonald's - it is way too close to the house.
What is by far the worst place to get fast food from in your opinion? I don't like Wendy's.
Today's tackle is going to be working on the junk I put into boxes when my mom came to visit last week. I had stuff all over the floor and couch in the family room that needed to be picked up before she came. I didn't feel I had time to put everything away properly so it all went into boxes. So, I am going to try and tackle that today. Wish me luck!
1. Early bird or night owl? Early bird.
2. Where was the first place you ever had sex? At my boyfriend's trailer, July 4, 1980.
3. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you? (1 is lowest, 10 is highest) About an 8 1/2. I have a great man, great kids, an awesome granddaughter, a beautiful, comfortable home, a wonderful family, and enough money to pay the bills. A couple of things that bring the score down - I need to loose 50 pounds and although we have enough money to pay the bills I would like to be working at home.
4. Are you more submissive or dominant? I guess dominant. Dave and I are both easy going but I think he does more things he doesn't really want to do than I do.
5. Do you believe in love at first sight? Absolutely!
Bonus (as in optional): Describe your bed time habits. What side do you sleep on? What do you usual wear? Any night time rituals? I sleep on the left side of the bed, I always wear a nightshirt or a nightgown. Before bed I brush my teeth, use my Arbonne RE9 Anti-Aging products and read for at least a half hour.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Last But Not Least
1. When was the last time you ate pancakes? I don't really like pancakes. I think the last time was last fall when some restaurant had a special of gingerbread pancakes. They were pretty good.
2. Where is the last place you would want to spend your birthday? In jail?
3. What was the last awkward situation you found yourself in? The day I asked my daughter to move out and her dad came and got her.
4. When was the last time you wore a bathing suit? In February when I visited Wendy - we went in the hot tub.
5. Who is the last celebrity you would want as a roommate? I can't think of any celebrity I would want to be roommates with!
Moody Monday #10 April 28, 2008
This weeks Moody Mondays is all about..."Would You Rather?"
Here are a few questions for you to answer:
01. Would you rather sleep in late or get up early each day? Get up early. If I sleep late I feel I have missed out on a good part of the day. Today I got up at 4:30 a.m. Now that is TOO early!
02. Would you rather work from home or work outside the home? I was a stay at home mom for 15 years before I got divorced. I have had two jobs in the past four years and am now home due to a lay off. I would love to find something I could do at home and make money.
03. Would you rather know it all or have it all? Hmm...maybe know it all. If you knew it all you could probably figure out a way to have it all too. Right?
04. Would you rather lose the Internet or lose your television? No thought on this one, lose the television. There are so many shows you can watch from your computer that the tv probably wouldn't be missed. But no internet? Horrors!!!
05. Would you rather exercise at home or exercise in a gym? Funny question. Up until today I have never exercised. I may have walked around my neighborhood but never actively exercised. I joined Curves today and did the 30 minute circuit and it was fun.
1 T margarine
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 (15 oz) cans chile without beans
1(15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp chili powder
1 (8 1/2 oz) pkg corn muffin mix
1/2 c milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2-qt casserole dish. In large skillet melt margarine. Add ground beef and onion and cook until meat is browned, drain. Add chili, kidney beans and chili powder, mix well. Spoon into casserole dish. In medium bowl, stir together corn muffin mix, egg and milk. Pour over meat mixture and bake 25-30 mins or until middle of corn muffin mix is set.
Tuesday - Chicken Casserole
2 lg chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c diced celery
1/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1/2 c chopped nuts
3/4 c mayonaisse
3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
crushed potato chips
1 tsp minced onion
Cook chicken until tender, shred. Mix all ingredients lightly and top with crushed potato chips. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 mins.
Wednesday - 40 Clove Garlic Crockpot Chicken
Thursday - Cheeseburger Pie
1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c milk
3/4 c Bisquick
2 c shredded cheese
Grease pie plate. Brown ground beef and onions, drain. Stir in salt and pepper, spread mixture in plate. Beat milk, Bisquick and eggs until smooth, Pour into pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 mins. Top with cheese.
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Chicken Parmesan
Sunday, April 27, 2008
My mom was here most of this week so my ta da list is very short!
- I got all the scrapbook stuff laying around the family room put in boxes. This is not what I wanted to do with the stuff but with company coming you have to do what you have to do.
- I have been beading and did finish a necklace.
My to do list seems to be the same every week.
- Move more of my scrapbook stuff upstairs. We are supposed to get the new desk for downstairs today so then I can clean off the old desk to get it moved upstairs.
- Continue planning my 2003 scrapbook pages.
- Continue working on my bead projects.
Saturday, April 26, 2008 Week 274
I say ... and you think ... ?
- Thug :: Convict
- Slurp :: Soup
- Alley :: Dark
- Sweater vest :: Golfer
- Targeted :: Bullseye
- Snazzy :: Dresser
- Oy! :: Vey!
- Jury duty :: Boring
- Low fat :: Yucky
- Responsibility :: Mother
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Today's Saturday Social Question:
What do you plan on doing with your tax rebate check (economic stimulus package)? Well, I have been thinking about that. I would love to get the screened patio enlarged. We poured a pad about two years ago but just haven't had the extra money to get the screen enclosure enlarged so I might do that. It would double the square footage in that area.
1. Who called you most recently? Dave
2. What was the most recent sports game you watched? Don't remember
3. Who is your most recent friend? not sure
4. What was the most recent TV show you watched? CSI
5. What was the most recent music that you purchased? Can't remember
6. What were the most recent clothes that you purchased? My mom and I went shopping yesterday at Goodwill and Beall's. I got a ton of shirts and a couple of pair of pants
7. Who most recently did you say “I love you” to? Today alone I have told my granddaugher, my daughter, both my sons, my mom, my best friend and Dave "I love you!".
8. Who did you most recently text? I don't text. I have my kids text each other for me. I had Nicole text Brandon on Wednesday afternoon.
9. Who did you most recently kiss? I just gave Bailey a smooch.
Saturday Special April 26, 2008
~I Say..You Answer...~
1. Early Morn...you answer?: My dad is probably roaming the house!
2. Foggy Mist...you answer?: Spooky forest.
3. Full Moon...you answer?: My ex is howling.
4. Starry Night...you answer?: Walking on the beach, hand in hand with my honey.
Smart Habit Saturday April 26, 2008
Again this week I looked back on last week's list for Smart Habit Saturday. I can honestly stay I am working on this but not doing as well as I would have liked. This is last week's list:
- Continue on my Figure 8 weight loss program. I am doing ok on this one, I lost 5 pounds last week but with my mom here this week it has been harder to watch. I am still taking my vitamins and watching.
- Join Curves? Again no excuses not to but who knows? ARGH!!! I still haven't gone to Curves. I really want to start having more energy and less aches and pains so really should go!
- eBay and Etsy. Got to get going on those. I made a small dent in this. I wanted to be listing 25 items per week but only got 10 done this week but that is better than none. I got nothing put on Etsy.
- Continue on the weekly cleaning and laundry schedule. My mom is visiting this week so I will be spending more time with her so if everything is neat and tidy it will be more enjoyable. The weekly cleaning and laundry schedule is going great.
- Do something fun - Scrapbooking would be great! I have done some beading this week but no scrapbooking.
So, my new (or continuing) habits for this week:
- Ebay - 25 items a week. Etsy-5 items a week.
- Check out Curves or at least walk a couple of days per week.
- Continue with the Figure 8 weight loss.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Name something you would categorize as weird. Some of the new television shows like Reaper. I just don't get it!
What color was the last piece of food you ate? I had a piece of cheescake last night for desert so brown and yellowish white.
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy being alone? About a 5, although I don't mind being along I would much rather be with someone.
Fill in the blank: I will not vote for anyone that is not a Christian in any election.
Describe your sleeping habits. Oh, what a topic. My sleep habits are horrible. I go to bed, sleep a 1/2 hour and then I am wide awake. I am usually up at least 2-3 times per night and loose another 30-45 minutes of sleep. If Dave is not home I can't sleep. I usually take a half hour nap in the afternoon and that probably doesn't help my nighttime sleep habits. I have started taking a Tylenol PM at night and even that doesn't help me sleep. Unfortunately, I have passed by bad sleep habits to my children. And my dad and paternal grandmother also roam the house at night.
1. When I fell in love with Dave it was the most amazing feeling!
2. Spirng is when the flowers bloom and it heats up outside!
3. Oh no! The internet connection is down, I am going to have to kill somebody!
4. Ugly Betty is the craziest tv show ever.
5. Cheese and a fondue pot make a great meal!
6. I love a quiet walk in a garden.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to trying a new recipe for Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Wings, tomorrow my plans include spending the day with my Mom and Bailey Boo and Sunday, I want to relax and spend some time with Dave!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
::The Convenience of Extra Cash::
Onesome: The-- endless onslaught of junk snail mail: how much do you get each week? I'm thinking maybe we could use it as insulation in our houses...Junk mail, I get at least 5 pieces of junk mail a day. I get it for people that don't even live here!
Twosome: Convenience of-- a quick in and out? Do you have a convenience store nearby that is really convenient for you? No, I am fortunate to have a honey that doesn't mind stopping at the store for me whenever I need something.
Threesome: Extra cash--? When you need some, where do you get it? ...the ATM? ..."write for over" at the store? What is this 'cash' thing you speak of
How about you? When you're ready, post your answers in your own space, and leave a comment here so we can find you!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
You Are a Colon
You are very orderly and fact driven.
You aren't concerned much with theories or dreams... only what's true or untrue.
You are brilliant and incredibly learned. Anything you know is well researched.
You like to make lists and sort through things step by step. You aren't subject to whim or emotions.
Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.
(But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)
You excel in: Leadership positions
You get along best with: The Semi-Colon
I am so pleased that last week's tackle is done! I cleaned the entire upstairs, three bedrooms, one bathroom and a landing. It looks great!
This week I am tackling the family room. We have turned our garage into a family room. We are having air conditioning installed and it is a really nice room. This week I need to get all the junk that has been stuck in the family room put away. I have a lot of stuff on eBay and I have part of the family room (behind long curtains) with shelves and my eBay stuff in boxes on the shelves. I need to put the new eBay stuff in the correct boxes and put a couple of boxes back on the shelves. I also need to list some stuff on eBay.
I also have a bunch of scrapbook and stamp supplies on the couch and floor in the family room. I need to get these organized and put away. I am moving the scrapbook supplies upstairs into the spare bedroom but can't do that until my daughter comes and gets her furniture. I am going to give her about another week and if she doesn't come to get it, it is getting sold!
1. Pancakes or waffles? With or without toppings? Waffles. I am not much of a pancake person and NO toppings. Just maple syrup.
2. They say, "Way to a man's heart is through his stomach." What is the way to your heart? Doing the dishes? Just kidding, flowers are always nice!
3. Have you ever gone to a topless/clothing optional beach? If yes, did you participate? I have not been to a clothing optional beach. There was a topless deck on a cruise ship I was on once but I didn't go.
4. What song reminds you of a previous relationship (for good or bad)? Love Somebody Like You by Keith Urban
5. When, where and with who was your best kiss ever? Best kiss ever was on my couch with Dave almost 5 years ago when we were first dating. Yum, he still kisses great!
Bonus (as in optional): Does anyone not currently in a relationship with you have pictures or you or your body part(s) that you would prefer that other people not see? God, I hope not!
April 22nd, 2008
Sometimes we’re so busy moaning and groaning about the stresses in our lives, wishing for things we can’t have or the life we should have had that we forget to appreciate how lucky we are to be alive. So what makes your life wonderful?
- My granddaughter Bailey.
- My three kids.
- My best friend and soul mate Dave.
- My family. I am blessed to have a wonderful relationship with my mom and dad.
- My friends. I am also blessed to have a few great friends.
- My animals. We have two dogs and three cats and they make me feel loved all day long.
- My home. I love my house, I love decorating and keeping my house clean. I love the chaos when all the kids are here. But mostly I love the love I feel in my home.
- My freedom. And there are different kinds of freedom. Freedom from a full time, Mon-Fri kind of job, freedom from a toxic relationship, freedom of our country.
- My crafts. Over the years my crafts have been my therapist. They have kept me sane and now I love being able to relax and enjoy the creativity of them.
- This one seems kind of silly but I love my TV and DVR. I love knowing that at any time day or night I can find something I really want to watch.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Crackin' Up April 21, 2008
1. What's your favourite brand of cracker? Club House crackers
2. Do you like crackers in your soup? Not usually, sometimes I put oyster crackers in my chili.
3. What's the best kind of cheese to put on a cracker? Or do you have a different favourite cracker topper? I'm not much of a cheese and crackers kind of gal. I like hummus or seafood dip on crackers.
4. Have you ever set off firecrackers? For what occasion? Sure. Fourth of July or New Years.
5. Have you ever seen The Nutcracker ballet? I think I may have seen this as a child but I don't remember.
The day Nicole and Bailey left to move to Nicole's dads house was a sad day for me. But it is surprising how well the transition has gone. Even though I miss Bailey I know this is better for everyone. I am no longer enabling Nicole to behave the way she did here and she and I have talked more since she moved out than we had in months. And as you can see by the pictures, Bailey is visiting her Grandma and Papa and we are enjoying our time together. The first picture is Boo in her big girl car seat. This was the Sunday I arrived home from Atlanta. Dave, Boo and I went to Olive Garden for dinner and she was quite a hit. The second picture is from Sunday morning before we left for Hollywood. Boo was watching Teletubbies (sitting up all on her own) and playing with her tub full of toys. She got her third tooth, one on top and is pulling herself to a sitting position on her own. What a cutie patootie! And don't you love those eyelashes??
Unconscious Mutterings Week 273
1 day, 16 hours, 24 minutes ago
I say ... and you think ... ?
- Questioning :: Kids
- Immunity :: Illegal Aliens
- Online dating :: Met Dave
- Calcium :: Bones
- Dressing :: Ranch
- Bucket :: List
- Stain :: Clorox
- Advanced :: Math
- Dramatic :: Nicole
- Self-medication :: Sad
Over the years I have collected a large stash of cookbooks. Most of these I don't even open so since I have this Menu Planning down I thought I would incorporate using at least one new recipe a week. If the family likes the recipe I will put it in my recipe box otherwise the recipe will go in the trash.
Monday - Beef Stroganoff with noodles
Tuesday - Chicken Livers with onions, brussel sprouts
Wednesday - Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy
Thursday - Hamburger Cabbage Casserole *new recipe*
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (i cup)
1/2 c uncooked instant rice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can (10 3/4 oz) tomato soup
1/4 c water
4 c coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook beef and onion in skillet until beef is brown, drain. Stir in rice, salt, pepper, soup and water. Place coleslaw mix in 2-qt casserole. Spoon beef mixture over coleslaw mix. Cover and bake about 45 mins or until hot and bubbly. 6 servings.
Friday - Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Wings
Saturday - Lemon Velvet Chicken with Mocked Mashed Potatoes
Sunday - leftovers or dinner out