Monday, April 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Menu Plan Monday ~ April 21st

Over the years I have collected a large stash of cookbooks. Most of these I don't even open so since I have this Menu Planning down I thought I would incorporate using at least one new recipe a week. If the family likes the recipe I will put it in my recipe box otherwise the recipe will go in the trash.

Monday - Beef Stroganoff with noodles
Tuesday - Chicken Livers with onions, brussel sprouts
Wednesday - Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy
Thursday - Hamburger Cabbage Casserole *new recipe*

1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (i cup)
1/2 c uncooked instant rice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can (10 3/4 oz) tomato soup
1/4 c water
4 c coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook beef and onion in skillet until beef is brown, drain. Stir in rice, salt, pepper, soup and water. Place coleslaw mix in 2-qt casserole. Spoon beef mixture over coleslaw mix. Cover and bake about 45 mins or until hot and bubbly. 6 servings.

Friday - Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Wings
Saturday - Lemon Velvet Chicken with Mocked Mashed Potatoes
Sunday - leftovers or dinner out



No comments: