Saturday 9: Family Ties May 3, 2008
1. Where and when were you born? Salem, Ohio
2. Do you have siblings? If yes, tell us more. I have one sister, she is four years younger than I am.
3. What are your parents’ names? My dad is Willard Andrew but he goes by Drew. My mom is Patty Jean.
4. Did you (or do you) know all four of your grandparents? I had four living grandparents until I was a senior in high school. I am now 45 and still have one living grandmother who is 92.
5. Do have children? If yes, tell us about them. If no, do you want them? I have three children, Nicole is 20, living with her boyfriend and daughter at her dad's. Brandon is 17 and will graduate this month from high school. He plans to go to Vo-Tech first for auto mechanics and when he is done with that he wants to take the firefighter's course. And my youngest is Brent, he is 12 and a 6th grader. He is full of energy and makes everyone laugh at his antics. You didn't ask but I also have one granddaughter, Bailey, who is 9 months old and the apple of her grandmother's eye.
6. Do you still live in the general area that you grew up in? No, the family moved to Naples, FL is 1970 and I have been here ever since.
7. Do you have cousins? If yes, are you or have you been close? I have 12 cousins. I see three of them on a fairly regular basis. The rest are spread out around the country so I have little or no contact with them.
8. How often does your family all get together? At least once a month or so. There is always a holiday or birthday to celebrate.
9. Is your significant other close to your family? Yes, my Mom and Dad love Dave! Which is a nice change from the previous relationship.