Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday May 27, 2008
10 Favorite Time Wasters

I am an expert at wasting time. I have been unemployed since November and the job market here is not good at all so I have lots of time to waste.

  1. The internet. I can spend hours on the internet. I do have an eBay business so I can't count that time at wasted. But I spend a lot of time blogging, surfing, downloading music and taking scrapbook classes.
  2. Scrapbooking. I don't know if this is really a time waster but I enjoy spending part of most every day doing something in my craft room that is related to scrapbooking.
  3. The telephone. I spend at least an hour a day on the phone. Not useful stuff just chatting. I usually always talk to my mom, my daughter and Dave. About twice a week I talk to Wendy. And I can talk to Wendy a really long time.
  4. Television. While I am doing my other time wasters I can also watch television. And at around 3:30 in the afternoon I turn the tube on and do nothing else. I sit and stare at What I Like About You and then two episodes of Reba. Then I make dinner and the tv is usually off then. Then it's either more Reba, King of Queens or Two and A Half Men. Useless, mindless, laugh out loud tv.
  5. Crafting. Again, I am not sure I am wasting my time but I spend a lot of time crafting. It may be beading, some type of needlepoint or something else that catches my fancy.
  6. Reading. I spend at least a couple of hours a day with my nose in a book. I also read right before I go to bed.
  7. Naps. Speaking of bed, since I sleep so poorly at night I almost always take a nap (sometimes two). They are not long, 20-30 minutes but if I didn't have those naps I would be miserable to live with.
  8. FreeRice. I love to play and it makes me smarter!
  9. Dreaming. I like to think about my life in 10 years. Where I will be living, what my kids will be doing. Hoping the economy gets better so I can sell my house and move where I want to live.
  10. Playing with my granddaughter. Again, I know this is not a real time waster but I love to get on the floor with Bailey and watch her learn and play.

No comments: