Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Fun

Friday Fun September 5, 2008

1. School uniforms: Good thing or bad thing? Why? I have mixed emotions on school uniforms. I think they are a good idea since everyone is dressed the same and there is no jealousy about clothes. But, since my son has a huge amount of clothes (and hand me downs from his brother) my back to school clothes shopping is minimal. If our school changed to school uniforms it would be a financial stress on us.
2. School supplies: Our school district operates under a limited budget and school supplies other than notebooks and paper tend to be common use, meaning the class shares what each child brings in. What is your feeling on providing for the class rather than just your child? I think this happens even if they don't say it will happen. When my kids were in grade school they each had a cup on their desk with their crayons, markers, glue, etc. If some kid didn't have something they just used someone elses.
3. Favorite classes: Math or science? Math English or History? English (I am still horrible about history facts) Band or chorus? Chorus
4. Foreign languages: Did your school have a foreign language requirement? There was no requirement until college. What languages did they offer? Spanish and French Did you take a language? I took two years of Spanish in high school and one year in college and I can count to 100 in Spanish. A worthwhile investment of my time, yes?
5. Visiting the past: If you could go back to school, would you? Or is it better off in the past?! I won't want to go back to high school but intend to go back to college in January.

No comments: