Friday, September 19, 2008

Four For Friday

Four For Friday - The Birthday Edition
Q1 - Today: Some people go out of their way to tell everyone they know that today (or pick your day) is their birthday, while others avoid it like a contagious bacterial disease characterized by fever and wicked bad diarrhea (for example, I once spent an entire with someone and never knew it was his birthday because he never told me). Do you tell people when it's your birthday or do you prefer to keep it to yourself? I guess I am kind of middle of the road. I don't make a huge big deal about it but if I am out somewhere I don't have any problem telling people my birthday. Mine is a week from Sunday - September 28th.
Q2 - Keeping Track: How do you keep track of birthdays (BirthdayAlarm.com, a little black book, good memory, your computer calendar, Facebook, etc.)? I have a day planner and a palm pilot with birthdays in them.
Q3 - Celebrating: How do you like to celebrate your own birthday? Do you do anything special for yourself, have a tradition you adhere to, take the day off from work and the rest of the world, etc.? Between my mom, my older kids and Dave I usually am celebrating for a couple of days. Brandon likes to take me out to dinner and Dave and my folks usually plan a family dinner. And sometimes we plan a get away weekend which sounds really good right about now!
Q4 - Change: Some of the kids I grew up with felt cheated by the fact that their birthday was in late-June, July, or August... meaning, they never got to celebrate their birthday in school like all of the kids whose birthdays fell on a school day. If you could change your birthday, would you, and if so, what date would you move it to and why? Brandon has a late June birthday and he did get cheated. It was hard to plan birthday parties because some of his friends would be on vacation. Brent gets cheated too since his birthday is January 12th. That is usually within a week of the kids going back to school so you have to have everything planned to go when the go back to school or there isn't enough time to plan it. Also, people (including Mom) are tapped out from Christmas. I usually try to buy his present during the holiday season. I personally think my birthday date is just fine!

No comments: