Friday, August 29, 2008
Know and Tell Friday
Know and Tell Friday August 29, 2008
1. How far in advance do you start getting ready for back-to-school (whether for your own kids, or for yourself when you were in school)? This year I only have one child to shop for. We started shopping for back-to-school about two weeks before school started.
2. Do you have any picky eaters who need special considerations for lunches? What does a typical bagged lunch look like in your house? We don't pack lunch, Brent eats at school.
3. What school supply items do you skimp on and what are you willing to shell out the big bucks for? I check the sales for school supplies and Brent is really easy to please on clothes but his shoes are a major expense. His shoes and socks have got to fit perfectly or he isn't going to wear them. He is in the smallest men's size for shoes and it is so difficult to find a pair that fits that I will spend whatever amount as long as he is happy.
4. Do you get your kids up, or do they get up on their own? Any snooze-hitters that have trouble waking up? How about the opposite, any kids that are up at the crack of dawn? Once my kids get into high school I don't wake them anymore. Both the two older ones were major snooze hitters. Brent doesn't have to catch the bus until 8:40 so he is usually up on his own.
5. Any cafeteria horror stories? Is school food as bad as they say? Brent doesn't usually complain about the food at school.
6. How important is it to you to make sure your kids have the latest styles and trendiest accessories? Brent is a lot like me in the clothing department, comfort is much more important to him than style. He gets lots of hand-me-down shirts that Brandon bought so he has a huge variety of stuff to choose from.
7. Remember the movie Kindergarten Cop? If Arnold Schwarzenegger was your child's new kindergarten teacher, how would you feel? A man teacher for kingergarten? Weird! You need a loving, caring kindergarten teacher, either someone who reminds you of your mom or your grandma.