Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Morning Meme

Monday Morning Meme!! August 4, 2008

1. School is around the corner for many of us. Have you started your back-to-school shopping yet? We have started and completed our back-to-school shopping. Do you get all of your back-to-school shopping done at one time? Or do you spread it out? We usually spread it out. Do you make back-to-school shopping special or fun for the kids? Or is it just another shopping trip? I only have one kid left in school so he and I made a day of it and he got to pick out his own supplies. What about back-to-school clothes shopping? Do you budget what you’re going to spend on your childrens’ wardrobes, or do you pay more attention to sales? Brent is easy to shop for, he isn't into name brands, he is like his mom he is into comfort. Plain colored t-shirts and stretch shorts. We did spend a fortune on his shoes because it was the only pair we found that he liked and they had his size. Any back-to-school shopping tips you wish to share? None that I can think of.

2. Is there a website/blog that you visit on a daily basis? Why this specific website/blog? How long have you been visiting this website/blog? Now list your next top two favorite websites/blogs (and yes, I know this is a hard question, but list the ones you REALLY look forward to reading). WHY do you love these websites/blogs so much? Two of my favorites are rubber stamping blogs. Kathy's Corner and Lauralooloo. These ladies are both very talented and it make me feel good to visit their blogs.

3. What book have you started with low expectations, and finished with tears in your eyes it was so good? Now please share with us a book that you think people MUST read. Why this book? I just finished Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn. This has got to be one of the best self-help books I have ever read. I am going to get a copy for both my grown children. This book made me really stop and think about happiness and how much we can do to be happy.

4. Are you concerned about credit and/or identity theft? What do you do to try and prevent it? How often do you shred documents and change your passwords? Have you ever checked your credit reports? Why or why not? My credit is pretty shot since my divorce so I don't think anyone is going to try and steal my identity. I shred most of my documents but more for the recycling than for identity theft. I have checked my credit report just to see if things are any better.

1 comment:

ShannonW said...

I have not started back-to-school shopping yet! EEEEK! My son goes back on Aug 14th.