Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I have been planning meals for about a month now and I am so happy I started. I am saving money and knowing what is for dinner is SO much easier than trying to decide at 4 p.m. That being said, I don't always follow my plan exactly. I have a couple of things on this week's menu that were on the menu a week or so ago. Meaning, I did not make it when originally planned. At least my family is eating more healthy!

Monday - Mexican Chicken
Tuesday - Mom's BBQ Sloppy Joes, mac and cheese

  • 1 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 c ketchup
  • 1/2 c water
  • 3 T vinegar
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1 tsp mustard

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl. Add to browned ground beef mixture and cook until thick. Serve on hamburger buns.

Wednesday - Minnesota Hamburger

Slice 4-5 potatoes and place in the bottom of 2 qt greased casserole. Brown 1 lb ground beef, add onions, celery and mushrooms. Spread over potato layer. Add 1 can Chunky Vegetable Beef Soup. Top with all season salt. Do not stir. Bake uncovered for 2 hours at 325 degrees. Sprinkle with grated cheese.

Thursday - Parmesan Steak, Spaghetti
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Shikabobs, Baked Potatoes
Sunday - leftovers

No comments: