Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday Fun

I usually go and check out everyone's link at Sunday Scrappin' and this week I saw this cool Holiday Planner on Krista's blog. Mom and I were at Micheal's and saw these cute notebooks in their $1 bin and promptly purchased two. Can you say CUTE? I love the way these turned out. We used Close to My Heart paper and rubbber stamps, stamping the titles and embossing them. Love it! We are already planning our planners for next year.




I promised pictures of the cards my mom and I made. The Christmas tree card is my card. I used my Cuttlebug and ran fuzzy green paper and my brass tree stencil through it. I then added the gold brad and star brad, mounted on gold paper and added a gold bow. Then the whole thing was mounted on a dark green card. I like the way these turned out.
My mom's card are eight years in the making. We planned these eight years ago and we just this year got them done. We used stamps from Close to My Heart, stamping the holly leaf and berries on fuzzy paper and cut them out, highlighted with gold and mounted them on cream colored cardstock stamped with the argyle background. Strips of red accent the sides of the cream cardstock and them whole thing is mounted on green cardstock. Then a green and a gold ribbon is knotted on the side of card. We then stamped a mini holly leaf and berry on the corner of the envelope.

Mom and I went thrift store shopping today. I got some books, some blue and yellow ceramic items for the kitchen, a bunch of stuff for Bailey and some other goodies. We had a hot brown for lunch and met up with Nicole and took Bailey for the rest of the afternoon. She is still sleeping but I think I will go and wake her. We are having steak salad (with french fries) for dinner. I have to run to the grocery store and McDonald's (for the fries).

Looking over my last few posts it seems I can't count. Today is day 5 of 30 for NaBloPoMo. Duh!


1 comment:

Forgetfulone said...

I'm so impressed with your cards, yours and your mom's! I don't have the right materials to make something that pretty, but I'm still learning how to do cards, and I am finally going to get a heat embossing gun.

I saw Krista's notebook, and now yours, and I think I'm going to have to do this. I better get busy because the season is upon us! Great job!