Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday News

I am one of those people that the busier I am the more I get done. Now that I have 50 daytime hours being spent outside the home I have to make better use the hours I do have at home. Now, I am not saying that I really like working but I do seem to better manage my time while I am working. I was up at 5 this morning. Did a load of laundry, listed items on eBay and Etsy, had a cup of coffee, fixed my lunch and left for work at 7:30. When I got done with work I went to the library to check out two books that were on hold for me. My bestest friend Wendy recommended The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond and True Evil by Greg Iles. She usually has the same reading style I do so I am excited to read these books. Right now I am reading the third in the Twilight series. I really like the first book - the rest not as much - but I feel I need to finish them. I have the fourth book requested at the library.

Dave is coming home tomorrow. Tomorrow is his birthday and he gets to spend the day traveling. He gets on the bus to take him to the airport at noon and his flight doesn't leave until 6. He gets home here sometime after 8:30. It will be a long day. I will be happy to have him at home. His mom is not doing well at all. She slept most of the day today and hardly said anything. Hospice nurses are coming in three times a day. I am glad he got to go and see her. He also got to spend some quality time with his daughter.

My mom is scheduled for her surgery December 1 which is the Monday after Thanksgiving. Her CAT scan didn't show any other problems. She is scheduled for a PET scan on Thursday and is seeing another Oncologist to see if she will need radiation or chemo after the surgery.

Brandon and I went to league tonight. I bowled really crappy but it probably has to do with the fact that I am so tired. He pretty much told me tonight that a decision that I had almost made was dumb. That I wasn't thinking things through and I needed to reconsider. He is such a good kid and really looks out for me. And it's nice that he is open enough to tell me what he feels.

I am going to put my warm jammies, grab the dogs and another blanket and go to bed. It is supposed to be in the low 30's tomorrow morning with the wind chill. And for us Southwest Floridians that is COLD!

Day 18 of NaBloPoMo.

No comments: