Thursday, January 31, 2008
This week is dragging by. Yesterday I woke up and thought it was Saturday. I leave early Monday morning and am so excited I could bust! My clothes are packed just have to pack my carry on. Will have to wait till the last minute for that as I hope I will be taking pictures right up until the time I leave.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
This is my small gift that I made for Valentine's Day. It is a tin with chocolate nuggets wrapped with paper, a paper tote and a card. I ran out of white grograin ribbon so that meant a trip to A.C. Moore (darn!) I made 7 sets of these and a couple of extra cards. It's the first time I have stamped in ages. It felt good. Now, when I get back from Tucson I will get my craft area cleaned up and stamp and scrapbook on a regular basis. I got the rest of my organizers from Oriental Traders and ordered some magazine holders in the same type material so I have no excuses for not getting it done!
And I saved the best for last. Miss Bailey in lime green and hot pink. Could she be any cuter? Her mama painted her fingernails black and her toenails pink. She has way too much time on her hands!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
The pattern for the bracelet came out of Issue #15 and is called Garnet Heart Bracelet by Sandra D Halpenny. I then took an individual heart motif and created my necklace and earrings. It is going in the mail tomorrow so she should receive it in plenty of time for Valentine's Day.
I am also working on some stamped cards and gifts for Valentine's Day. I will take a picture and post them tomorrow. I need to get one set finished to take with me to Tucson. I have to make a trip to A.C. Moore tomorrow for some more ribbon. Why is it you can have hundreds of yards of ribbon but not enough of the one you want?
1. What is your occupation? Right now I am unemployed. I was in accounting but I think if I go back to work I will try retail again. I would love to get a job at A.C. Moore.
2. What color are your socks right now? boring beige
3. What are you listening to right now? kids playing outside, Bailey "talking" upstairs
4. What was the last thing that you ate? We had a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel - I had a Sunrise Sampler - two eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, hash brown casserole, and grits. YUM!
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yup.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? My favorite color is blue, so probably a bright blue color
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Dave, he is bringing home steak for dinner.
8. How old are you today? 45
9. Favorite drink? diet root beer or iced tea
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? I don't have a favorite to watch, I will watch football, hockey or baseball
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes, just bought some dye at Wal Mart today.
12. Favorite Pets? Cats
13. Favorite food? Lots of favorites, a good steak, Mexican
14. What was the last movie you watched? Alvin and the Chipmunks. Cute!
15. Favorite holiday of the year? Christmas
16. What do you do to vent anger? Work on a craft project, take a bath, talk to my mom or Dave.
17. Favorite childhood toy? Barbies. I played with them until I was 12 and discovered boys!
18. What is your favorite, fall or spring? I love both! Spring smells so good and Fall is so great after our hot summers!
19. Hugs or kisses? both from Dave, hugs from everyone else
20. Cherries or Blueberries? Neither!
21. Who is most likely to respond via blog? Who knows?
22. Living arrangements? Townhouse with Dave, three growing kids, a grandbaby, two dogs and two cats. Too many people and pets in one 3 bedroom place!
23. When was the last time you cried? I don't remember the last time I cried but the way the week has gone it might be today.
24. What is on the floor of your closet? All sorts of stuff, shoes, clothes that don't fit, suitcases.
25. Favorite smells? Laundry that has been hung out to dry, jasmine, gardenia, Dave when he gets out of the shower, Bailey
26. What did you do last night? Ran some errands, took the boys to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, had dinner at Chik-fil-a.
27. What inspires you? Music, other people's blogs
28. What are you afraid of? heights, deep water
29. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese burgers
30. Favorite dog breed? Since I have two dogs I have to have two favorite breeds - Teacup Yorkie and Shitzu.
31. How many years at your current job? I have worked in accounting for over 10 years
32. Favorite place you've ever been? Aiken, SC
33. How many states have you lived in? Two, Pennsylvania and Florida
34. Favorite day of the week? Sunday - it's the only day I know I will get to spend time with Dave.
35. Ever driven motorcycle or heavy machinery? Never driven but have been on a motorcycle and a four wheeler.
36. Who's your favorite NFL team? Washington Redskins
37. Do you have a house phone that is not cordless? Yes, an M & M one. Works well when there is a hurricane and no power!
Now that you've read this, consider yourself Tagged and put it on your blog!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Appetizer How many times per day do you usually laugh?
At least 2-3, at Bailey, at Brent, at Dave, at my life.
Soup What do your sunglasses look like?
I have a couple pair but my fav are a big chunky pair with burgundy frames. Since I like them so much they will turn up missing - possibly in my daughter's car??
Salad You win a free trip to anywhere on your continent, but you have to travel by train. Where do you go? Right now if I won a free trip I would go anywhere!
Main Course Name one thing you consider a great quality about living in your town/city. The weather - it is going to be 73 today!
Dessert If the sky could be another color, what color do you think would look best? Can't mess with God's plan. Blue is perfect and my favorite color too!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Today I have a long list of things to do. I received my package with my connectors for my wire cubes yesterday so I will put them together and put stuff on them. I ordered more storage containers from Oriental Traders but it won't ship till 1/31/08 so probably won't get anything more done with them until I get back. I also need to start packing. I am working on laundry so as soon as it is done I can get my packing started. I am so excited about my trip!!!!!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
1.) Beaded ring swap (2 partners)
2.) Beaded purple swap (3 items)
3.) Beaded necklace, bracelet and earring swap
4.) Celebrate Brent's birthday (happening this week)
5.) Finish my organization of the office area (this turned into a much bigger project that I anticipated!)
6.) Get my eBay stuff put in the right size boxes to fit on the shelves in the garage.
7.) Presents made for the kids, family and friends for Valentine's Day
8.) **Surprise** present made for Dave for Valentine's Day
9.) Packing for a week away
And the list does not include my normal cooking, cleaning, watching Bailey and spending time with Brandon and Brent when they get back this afternoon! And poor Dave, I need to spend some quality time with him too! Oh, and taking Nicole back and forth to work until her car is out of the shop! YIKES! I am starting to stress out. I need to make a timeline list so I get the things done in some order. I am sure I can take either some of the swaps or my **surprise** gift for Dave with me to AZ.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Appetizer What is your favorite beverage? Diet root beer, iced tea
Soup Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work. Family photos, my coffee cup, half finished scrapbook pages
Salad On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are? 9 1/2
Main Course If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why? I don't know. My best friend lives in Tucson, AZ. Could we change the spelling to match the pronunciation? Leave out the "c".
Dessert What stresses you out? My 19 year old daughters attitude, finances, ex's What calms you down? Spending time with Dave, beading, scrapbooking, music
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Today is Brent's 12th birthday. It is hard to believe my baby is 12. He is with his dad this weekend. They were going to go to Disney for the weekend. I am sure he is having a lot of fun. We will celebrate one night this week. He knows I have presents for him so I am sure he is excited about seeing what he got.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Appetizer What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called? I don't have a middle name. When my parents named me they used my middle name "Christine" as my first name. I guess it was a family tradition. When I got divorced the first time I legally changed my name and dropped my first name and now have no middle name.
Soup If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most? For home decor, I love suede and the colors blue and yellow. For clothes, cotton, stretch fabrics in neutrals.
Salad What is your least favorite chore, and why? Cleaning the bathroom, ugh! With a honey and two sons, nasty!
Main Course What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life? Thinking about it, I am afraid of a lot of things - swimming in the ocean or gulf (what is in that water?), rides at an amusement park, heights and flying. I guess I was raised to be an non adventurist.
Dessert Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment. I am sitting at my computer desk in my office looking at my messy desk, my new Polaroid photo frame (with no pictures in it) and my new 2008 Bead-a-Day Calendar.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
the stuffing to "baby". Seems our Baby has killed her "baby" and it looks like it has snowed under our dining room table. Now, to clean up her mess. At least with a small dog it is usually a small mess!
Now on the top of the dining room table. I think many scrapbookers would sympathize with me regarding a good way to be organized. I am so tired of trying ideas and them not working. For my embellishments I am working on this new idea - frosted photo boxes from Oriental Traders. I finally finished rolling four photo boxes full of ribbon and have put my buttons, eyelets, brads, and other small embellishments in these boxes. I also have a box for adhesive and have a number of other categories that I intent to create.
The other big problem is paper storage. Right now I have my Close to My Heart paper and cardstock on a metal storage rack that is taking up entirely too much room. I also have paper and stickers in 13x13" frosted boxes but the horizontal thing is not working. It is too hard to get to the paper and the stickers are mixed up in a box. I am a messy scrapper and after a few days of scrapbooking my area is full of boxes. So I am going to try the same general idea vertically. I got some more of these frosted paper holders from Oriental Traders and first, I am going to to sort my cardstock. After that task is done I will work on my patterned paper. Then I am going to take down my paper rack and reformat it to make squares that I can put all my frosted organizers on! I am also planning to get rid of my big table in my craft area and replace it with a desk my Mom is giving me. Nobody sits at the table except me and I can put my square metal shelving and the new desk in the same amount of space the table takes up. Dave will be so happy to hear I am reorganizing once again! NOT!
Date Night with Brent - Brent and I were able to have an impromptu date night since Brandon was working and Dave wasn't going to be home for dinner. We had a gourmet meal at McDonald's. Dave told Brent he was jealous that he got to have date night with me. We had Bailey with us and had a nice meal and nice conversation and Brent got to have an Oreo McFlurry for dessert!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
I wanted to get these desktop calendars done closer to the new year but like so many projects I start I couldn't find everything I needed in my supplies. I will be happy when I get the garage done and am a bit more organized. These calendars are made with coasters. They are a quick and easy gift idea. The top on is for my Mom and the blue and yellow one is for...guess who? ME!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
Sunday, January 6, 2008
It's fun to watch Bailey interact with the animals. She is starting to touch the dogs and be aware that they are sharing her space. I think the dogs are in for a rude awakening when she get mobile.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
I had the television on on Christmas Eve day and saw an infomercial on the Cricut. Try it for only $49.99. As I watched more of the infomercial I got more interested in having a Cricut so went on line to check it out. What they neglected to tell you is you try it for $49.99 but if you keep it - you will have four more payments of $49.99. Yikes! So I went to eBay and found an open box model for $100.00 less than new. This machine is awesome! Now to find some other cartridges that don't cost an arm and a leg.
Friday, January 4, 2008
I love the color blue. A good portion of my house is decorated in blue. Blue makes me happy. One of the many great gifts I got for Christmas this year were these blue and white ceramic orbs that my Mom got me. I purchased the great blue bowl at Goodwill and these orbs look fantastic in it. I found the two cobalt blue cracked glass orbs on eBay and I think they add just the right touch. Love, love, love my new dining room table display!
My horoscope told me that I would have unexpected visitors today. Well, they weren't unexected but I did have visitors. Or maybe they were visiting Bailey and I reaped the benefits. My sister, my mom and my niece came to visit. Bailey was a doll (as she usually is) and we had a great time catching up. Bailey couldn't understand how the voice was the same but the face different. My sister and I sound very much alike but look very different. She kept looking at me when I talked and then looking at Diane when she talked. It was funny to watch! I hope they don't wait as long to visit the next time!
When was the last time you received a surprise in the mail, and what was it?
A Christmas card from an old friend.
If you could have a summer and/or winter home, where would you want it to be?
I live in the perfect winter home place Naples, FL. I would love a summer home in Aiken, SC or near Nashville, TN.
Pick one: pineapple, orange, banana, apple, cherry.
Describe the nicest piece of clothing that you own.
I have a great pair of black pants that fit well and look good. I can wear any number of blouses with them and have a put together look.
If you could forget one whole day from your life, which day would you choose to wipe from your memory?
Probably the day I moved out of my marital home. But, like most bad days, the end result was good.