Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27, 2008

I was doing really well on my picture and post a day but fell behind. I told Dave I was going to run away to a deserted island with no phone, no kids or baby, no road construction (which starts outside my livingroom at 7 a.m. Monday thru Saturday) and no dogs. Although I love my kids, my grandbaby and my dogs, they all take up an enormous amount of my time. I am feeling like it would be easier to go to work all day than deal with the day to day things I am dealing with. It seemed a lot easier when I was younger. I am hoping my week in Tucson with none of this stress to deal with will give me a better mind set.

The one good thing I did finish this week is my swap for a friend. She and I met on one of the beading groups and decided to do our own thing as far as a swap. We are doing a Valentine's themed swap and this is what I came up with. I hope she likes it:

The pattern for the bracelet came out of Issue #15 and is called Garnet Heart Bracelet by Sandra D Halpenny. I then took an individual heart motif and created my necklace and earrings. It is going in the mail tomorrow so she should receive it in plenty of time for Valentine's Day.

I am also working on some stamped cards and gifts for Valentine's Day. I will take a picture and post them tomorrow. I need to get one set finished to take with me to Tucson. I have to make a trip to A.C. Moore tomorrow for some more ribbon. Why is it you can have hundreds of yards of ribbon but not enough of the one you want?

No comments: