Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year in Review

Year in Review


What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Been tougher with my adult children to (hopefully) help them become independent adults

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did a 101 in 1001 days a few months ago. I have chiseled away on some of the items on the list but I have a LONG way to go.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.

Did anyone close to you die? Yes, sadly we lost Dave's Mom Rosemary in November.

What countries did you spend time in this year? Just the good ole' US of A

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More family dinners with Dave at home, money to put in savings.

What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 31st - Bailey's 1st birthday, November 20th - the day Rosemary passed away, December 3rd - the day my Mom had her surgery.

What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Finding a job in less than two weeks in this economy.

What was your biggest failure? Not being as understanding as I should have been in a couple of difficult situations.

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? Myself - no. My Mom was diagnosed with colon cancer and had surgery. My Grandmother fell and hurt her back.

What was the best thing you bought? I really don't know - my Sony eReader my rate pretty high.

Whose behaviour merited celebration? My son Brent is working really hard at doing better at school and trying to become a better individual.

Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed? I really wish it still weren't true but after six years my ex's behavior still appalls me at times.

Where did most of your money go? House payments, car payment.

Compared to this time last year, are you,a) happier or sadder? Probably a bit sadder, it's been a tough year. b) thinner or fatter? Sadly, about the same c) richer or poorer? Much poorer.

What did you get really, really excited about? Spending time with Bailey.

What do you wish you'd done more of? Take more pictures, crafting.

Did you fall in love in 2008? No, I have been in love with the most wonderful guy for over five years.

How many one-night stands? Duh..see answer above, none!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No

What was the best book you read? I read so many books I don't know what the best book I read was. I read Stephenie Meyer's books and they were good and I am reading True Evil by Greg Isle right now that is really interesting.

What did you want and not get? Financial security.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 46 and I had two celebrations with family.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less stress.

What political issue stirred you the most? I am just glad the election is over and I look forward to seeing what Barack can accomplish.

Who did you miss? I can't think of anyone other than Dave's mom.

Who was the best new person you met? I met a couple of awesome people this year. Gail, the lady who runs the Curves by my house is a great person, I just wish I had the time to continue to go. My boss and his wife are great people as well.

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2008. You don't know how much you can handle until you are faced with it. This year, I learned I love someone more than I even thought I could.

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?) We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

ShannonW said...

Not too bad of a year. Sorry for you loss.