Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mom Update

I left work at 3:30 on Friday and drove to Winter Haven to see my Mom. She is still in SICU but she is not there because she needs to be, they don't have a bed elsewhere for her. She looks tired but seems to be doing well. We will know more after the first of the week when the test results come back. Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she goes through a 6-8 week recovery process.

I had myself a good cry on the way home (it's almost a three hour ride) wondering why my Mom would get cancer. Until you are faced with the reality of something like this you just can't understand. My Mom eats healthy, is not overweight, is fairly active, has never smoked or drank and here she is battling something like this? Why? I know that losing Dave's Mom two weeks ago is a wound that is still not healed and I have residual sadness from that loss, but I am an emotional mess about this thing with my Mom.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Christine my heart goes out to you...I.Feel.Your.Pain
Big Hugs to you and if you ever need to talk feel free to email me...caring for my daddy while he went through chemo was the hardest thing I have ever done BUT remember Knowledge is Power-we are all here for you!