Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spice Rack

I have been having those "noticing things" moments around the house lately. Too much time cooped up in the house, maybe? Anyhow, last week it was the broken light switch in the hall. This week it is the spice carousel in the kitchen. I got it at Goodwill, where else? And it was super cute without doing anything to it except put some spices in it and make some labels. I put spices in it when I moved here in October and labeled them with a Sharpie. Not the prettiest labeling but it got the job done.
Yesterday I pulled out three sheets of paper, one blue cardstock, one yellow cardstock and one blue and yellow patterned paper. Pulled out my trusty Cuttlebug and Spellbinders round dies and cut out some circles and some scalloped circle. Then I measured and made spice label on Photoshop and printed them on clear label stickers. Glued everything together, and laminated each one. And voila, spice jar labels.
And put them away. How cute did that project turn out and it only took about a hour from start to finish. ;)

post signature

No comments: