Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stuff and stuff and more stuff

It has been another crazy week at our house. My Mom was here until Thursday evening and we had fun thrift store shopping and hanging out. We went to Wally World and ate out a couple of times. She also finished the last square of an afghan that she had crocheted. I tied in all the loose strings, crocheted the squares together and did a border. I will take a picture and post it.

I went to the doctor's on Tuesday morning and he put me on five different medications. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. So I am supposed to alter my diet, restrict my sugar intake and start exercising. I have decided that I am going to go to Weight Watchers. I think that will be the easiest way to achieve my goals and loose weight at the same time. I was taking to Wendy and she mentioned that she started WW and I thought that was an awesome idea for me too. There is a meeting on Monday morning I am going to attend and then I will go on Thursday mornings to a meeting place a little closer to home. I am a Lifetime Member from years ago so can go to more than one meeting a week.

I also started back to college this week. I got a Pell Grant so it won't cost me anything to go. I am taking Accounting I and it is on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I have signed up for three classes in the Fall - Accounting II, Economic I and Interdisciplinary Science I. I have 32 credit hours already and a 3.83 GPA. Not bad for an old gal like me.

post signature

No comments: