Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cooked the Day Away

Well I was feeling much better yesterday after spending Sunday in retail therapy and taking a nice long nap. So I cleaned, I did laundry and I cooked. I have been in the mood for a lemon meringue pie and Dave couldn't find one for me so I made my own. Here's my crust, not from scratch.
Here's my meatloaf before baking.
And my finished pie. Now the lemon filling and the meringue were both made from scratch. Not a pudding mix mind you, cook sugar, eggs, etc on the stove from scratch. And it was awesome!!!!!!!
The AuGratin Potatoes (from a box but oh so yummy).
And my finished to die for meatloaf. We have so much left that we will be having leftovers later in the week. YUM!
And here is my zucchini and yellow squash dish. It is super easy and really, really good. Slice and cook your squash in olive oil in a large skillet. Add in salt and pepper and a couple of crushed garlic cloves. When it is done to your liking, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and then top with mozzarella. Let set long enough for mozzarella to melt and serve. Delightful!
I am trying a couple of new recipes tonight and I will post pictures of them tomorrow.

post signature

No comments: