Friday, April 23, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
And I am taking the Type + Writer 2 class over at Jessica Sprague. I am behind a few days but I have been able to do a few of the writing assignments and layouts. The first one is about my visit with Gammy a few weeks ago.
A layout about changes - 30 years worth of changes.
And then a two page layout about a week in my life. Kind of reminds me of my Project Life project but I went ahead and did it anyway.
I think I could just copy and paste my to-do's from week to week. It is near the end of the semester for school and I have lots to do so I haven't really been spending too much time scrapping.
- Work 15 minutes per day organizing my scrapbook supplies. I still haven't started, yikes!
- Work on getting caught up with My 365 2009 photos.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
From my to-do list last week I accomplished the following:
- I worked on a daily schedule and stayed to it pretty well. I will tweak it this week and hopefully get even more done.
- I am caught up on my Project Life blog. I sent off for pictures to do my scrapbook pages.
- I am working on my Type + Writer class from Jessica Sprague. I am about 3/4 of the way done with the first layout so hopefully will be posting it next week.
- Work 15 minutes per day organizing my scrapbook supplies. For some reason I am having trouble getting motivated to even start, but, maybe this week?
- Work on getting caught up with My 365 2009 photos.
- Work on two layouts from the Type + Writer 2 class.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
So I stumbled upon the UBP or Ultimate Blog Party. Sounds like tons of fun and lots of great prizes to win. I would be happy to win almost anything. And I can't wait to visit some other blogs and see what everyone else is up to. Have a super weekend!
Friday, April 9, 2010
Ok, so it's been awhile since I have been home full time and it takes some getting used to. I got quite a bit accomplished this week but not nearly as much as I anticipated. Monday was the last day of spring break so I dropped Brent off at the beach with friends which equaled almost two hours of driving time - there and back and there and back! But he had a good time and that is what is important.
Tuesday I had a doctors appointment. And I had to wait forever! My appointment was at 9 and I didn't get out of there until 10:30. My doctor is in Bonita and there are all sorts of thrift stores in Bonita. I went to five - the big Goodwill, three church thrift stores and the children's ranch store. The children's ranch store is upscale and has lots of furniture but I always find some knick knack that I love. Tuesday I found these:
Apothecary jar number one filled with shells. For $4.50! I won't leave the shells in there but I love the jar.
And apothecary jar number two - larger, cool shape and filled with I am not sure. Was marked down from $25.00 to $9.00. What a deal! My apothecary jar collection is coming along quite well.
So, after my thrift store shopping expedition the rest of the day was basically a wash. Oh, and my doctor told me no sugar, limit butter, cheese, salad dressing, mayo and shrimp. And I need to walk every day. I don't think I like my doctor anymore!
Wednesday and Thursday I spent cleaning and doing some prep work for eBay. I did get a few things listed on Turbo Lister yesterday so think I am up and running. Just need to keep is going.
I made a Google calendar of all my school work left to finish and the date is it due. The semester ends in early May so it is getting down to the wire and I have lots of writing to do. Three 250 word essays, one 500 word essay and one 1500 word essay - all for one class. Seeing is on paper makes is more manageable.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Brent, Bailey and my Mom.
Bailey enjoying her first Easter egg hunt.
Is she not the cutest rabbit ever?
On another note, today is a sort of new beginning for me. I am no longer employed outside the home so I am starting to sell on eBay again. I made a schedule for weekdays and plan to work at least four hours a day on eBay stuff. I am hoping to be able to stay at home and make enough money to survive. Today is Brent's last day of spring break so I probably won't be as strict with the schedule today as normal. We are going to register him for high school at Naples High. I can't believe my baby will be starting high school in the fall.
I started another online scrapbook class today - Type + Writer 2. It is from Jessica Sprague and she always has the best classes. Today we had a writing assignment that started Today I. So I wrote about starting to work from home. We were also asked to take a photo a day for the next week. Since I already do that for Project Life that shouldn't be difficult. And each day we are supposed to write down three things I am thankful for. Here is my list for today:
- A beautiful family and spending time with them.
- The freedom to be able to choose to work from home.
- The sun - a constant reminder to me of God's love and power.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
I absolutely love these little snippets of our life. It doesn't matter if we are busy or just hanging around the house I am always taking pictures and enjoy looking back over them.
My to-do's this week:
- I am now not working outside the home at all so I need to work on a daily schedule so I can get more accomplished during the week.
- Get caught up on my Project Life blog.
- Work 15 minutes per day organizing my scrapbook supplies.
- Continue playing catch up with My 365 2009 photos.
- I am taking another class - Type + Write 2 at Jessica Sprague. This is a rather intense journaling class but I loved the prompts from the first Type + Writer class. The last two classes I have taken I haven't done the first thing with, I hope I can do better with this class.