Saturday, July 21, 2012

Two Weeks

I cannot believe how bad my good intentions have been. I was planning on doing a blog post at least a few times a week and here it's been two weeks.

This morning I found our missing cordless phone.  I have one of those systems with one base phone and three cordless handsets.  One of the handsets was in the couch and has been for some time, but I found it this morning.

I am taking Lisa Day's class 28 Days of Sketch Round 2 at Big Picture Classes.  Each day you get a new sketch to play with.  She has 12" x 12", 8 1/2" x 11" and a double page sketch.  I will probably use mostly double page sketches as that is how I scrapbook.

Here is Day 1 sketch

And Day 2 sketch
And I have my photos picked out for Day 3 sketch.  I am usually drawn to the more layered and embellished scrapbook pages (think Shimelle Laine) but I am really enjoying the simplicity of these pages.  And any scrapbooking that is completed is good scrapbooking.

My job situation is changing - our Operations Manager is leaving and I am very sad.  He and I work really well together and I really like him as a person but I totally understand why he is leaving.  So, my boss has asked me to work full-time and take over some of his duties that are administrative.  I don't mind the new duties as I am always up for change but the extra hours might be difficult.  Right now I am working 32 hours with three afternoons off a week.  After next week I will be working 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. each day.  BUT the extra money will come in handy and I am getting a raise so can't complain about that.

I am keeping baby Bella next week while Brandon and Sammie go to the Keys.  I love having her and she is such a joy to have around.  Bailey is coming to visit part of that time as well.  I plan to take the girlies to the pool one day but other than that we have no big plans - just play and enjoy each other's company.

Well, I have lots to do before my girlies arrive so I am off to straighten up and vacuum.  Have a great Saturday and see you soon!
 Photobucket

No comments: