Monday, July 2, 2012

Sewing

So, on Friday, I set up my sewing machine on the dining room table and got working on some mending and other sewing stuff that I wanted to do.  It has been a long, long time since I had my sewing machine out.
 
I repaired two of my own shirts and one of Brent's.
And sewed this cute summer black and pink floral dress.  Now don't get too excited - all I had to do was sew a seam and make the straps.  I purchased the fabric at JoAnne's and it had the shirring at the top and even the hem was done.  Super quick, super easy and quite pretty.
And this dress that doesn't look like much on the hanger but is so cute on.  I got the idea off Pinterest here and it really is a 30 minute project.  A couple of seams, a couple of cuts and viola you have a dress.  I am looking for a nice, wide silver belt to go with it.
I have a few more items on the to repair rack - two of Bailey's Snow White dresses need fixing.  I have two plain t-shirts (one black, one white) that I was going to make bolero jackets from but I already bought bolero jackets.  I have a gorgeous long leopard print robe that I need to replace the zipper.  And a cute long, black and white dress that the lining needs to be replaced.  I also want to make a quilt out of my country concert t-shirts.

Anyone need any mending done?  My sewing machine is still out!  Happy Monday!
 Photobucket

No comments: