Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Awesome Week

The past two weeks have been busy and I have enjoyed most every part of them. My Mom was here for a few days which is always fun. We went thrift store shopping, ate well and talked. On Friday (19th) my Dad and I flew to Pittsburgh. First stop was Panera Bread where we met up with my cousin Stephanie and her adorable baby girl, Abby. I haven't seen Steph is years, we can't remember the last time we saw each other. The visit was fun but too short.
Then we went to the assisted living facility that Gammy is in. We spend a couple of hours visiting with Gam. She kept patting my knee and giving me hugs and telling me how glad she was that I was visiting. I got to see her each of the three days I was there for about two hours each day. We talked and talked and talked. She remembers things from summer the kids and I spent with her better than I do. We laughed and cried together. It was hard to say goodbye to her on Sunday but I am planning on another trip in a few months.
Another reason we were in Pennsylvania was to help clear out the stuff in Gam's house. Gam and I both collect head vases and she always promised that I would get her head vases. Here are all 138 of her head vases. I carefully wrapped and packaged each one and they all made it home safe and sound. I have unpacked them and put them in their cabinets and have two boxes of duplicates.
Here is Gam, my Dad and my Uncle Alan. Love this picture!
My Dad's birthday was Monday, the day we were leaving PA. So, we had an impromptu birthday party Sunday night.
Here is my van ready to head back to Naples from Haines City. I thought it look a bit like the Beverly Hillbillies but I got everything home in one trip and didn't loose anything on the way.
Although the trip was too short I really enjoyed seeing everyone. My Aunt and Uncle were awesome hosts and getting to spend time with Gam was awesome.

post signature

No comments: