Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Long Weekend

I don't think I like the way 2010 has started - as a matter of fact I know I don't! Emergency gall bladder surgery for me, the demise of my relationship with Dave and then my Mom having two cysts and one lumps in her breasts. Not a fun way to start a year.

So, with all that is going on I went to visit my Mom and Dad this past weekend. My Aunt Ruth was visiting from Ohio so I got to visit with her as well. Here is Aunt Ruth reading a book with Bailey.
My Dad took my Aunt to the airport Monday afternoon and Bailey and I took my Mom to her appointment with the breast surgeon. He aspirated one cyst, took a biopsy of the lump and she is to go back Wednesday morning at 10 IF they have the results back. Otherwise she'll know Friday. He will aspirate the other cyst then. Please keep my Mom in your thoughts and prayers as she is pretty much a basket case right now (not that I am much better).

Other than the above crap we had a nice weekend, we went out to dinner at Sonny's and I didn't get sick - I guess the gall bladder surgery was a success! We ate awesome food, had good conversation and it was fun to spend time with the family. We went thrift and dollar store shopping and made a trip to Wally World. My van is full and I am not looking forward to putting everything away but it was a good weekend and I am now glad I am home.

post signature

No comments: