Monday, January 11, 2010

Flowers, Life and Being Grateful

I love receiving flowers as much as the next gal, BUT, I don't want to have emergency gall bladder surgery as the reason to get them. If you read my blog you know I was going out for ribs Wednesday night...well very early Thursday morning I was in the ER with pain. First I was told I had a bladder and a kidney infection. I have had bladder infections before and I knew this pain was not a bladder infection type pain. Then they came back and said I had Pancreatitis. I am thinking, ok, don't know what that is, that might be what is wrong. Then they send me off for a CAT scan and guess what they find? A gall bladder full of gall stones and it's off to emergency surgery I go. I got to the hospital at 2:30 a.m. and was in surgery by 8:30 a.m. And my Mom and Dad sent me these beautiful flowers to cheer me up.
So, now I am home and feeling much better, not lifting another heavier than the remote control. My Mom came and took good care of me over the weekend, feeding me and doing my laundry. My sister, niece, her friend and brother and Brent were all here yesterday making me feel loved. Got some really cute cards and well wishes. Oh, and the former youth director came to the hospital to see me. I thought that was really nice and well beyond what was expected. Thanks Carol!

Dave and I went to the college this morning and got my books for this semester. Fortunately, I found out that even though I haven't gotten my financial aid, it did pay for my books. Good thing, one of the books was $199! Yikes!

Bailey is back staying with us. Nicole has had her share of housing issues this year and now is without a place to stay again. We have come up with a temporary solution if she needs it. She starts her new job next Monday so hopefully she will make some money and be able to get her own place soon.

I need to quite jabbering and get my desk cleaned off so I can get started working on my three online classes. I really don't want to get too far behind.

I am feeling grateful for family and friends. I am feeling grateful that I have a roof over my head and food in my refrigerator. I am feeling grateful that I have a job to go to tomorrow. I am grateful.

post signature

No comments: