Friday, January 1, 2010

What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Took some steps toward helping my financial situation.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did a 101 in 1001 days and have crossed off many things on the list. I know now that I will not do a number of items on the list. Priorities change.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.

Did anyone close to you die? Dave’s stepdad passed away early this year.

What countries did you spend time in this year? Just the good ole' US of A

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? More time at home.

What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 28th – both my birthday and the day I closed on my mobile home.

What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Going back to school.

What was your biggest failure? Lots of financial failures this year. Lost my job in March (third job in four years), lost my house, had my car repoed. Not a good year financially. Dave and I split up for two months but we are back together.

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? This year I finally went to the doctors and got put on medication for high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

What was the best thing you bought? My mobile home.

Whose behavior merited celebration? Me going back to school?

Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? My daughter’s total lack of motivation.

Where did most of your money go? Mobile home.

Compared to this time last year, are you,a) happier or sadder? About the same. b) thinner or fatter? Thinner by 25 lbs c) richer or poorer? Much poorer.

What did you get really, really excited about? Spending time with Bailey.

What do you wish you'd done more of? Take more pictures, crafting.

Did you fall in love in 2009? No, I have been in love with the same guy for over six years.

How many one-night stands? Duh..see answer above, none!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No

What was the best book you read? I read so many books I don't know what the best book I read was. I just finished Knit the Season by Kate Jacobs.

What did you want and not get? Financial security.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 47 and I had a celebration with family.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less stress.

What political issue stirred you the most? Not a thing.

Who did you miss? I can't think of anyone.

Who was the best new person you met? Probably my new neighbor Dave.

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2009. You can find joy in whatever life throws at you, it’s really all in how you handle the situation.

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?) 2010 is a new year!

And here are my New Year’s Resolutions:

1.) Keep off the 25 lbs I have lost and loose another 15.

2.) Do something Christmasy each month – cards, ornaments, gifts. I didn't make cards this year and was making gifts at the last minute. Christmas does not need to hurry, hurry, rush, rush. I want to enjoy the season more.

3.) Spend more time crafting. I want to work on paper scrapbooking and/or rubber stamping. I have thousands of dollars of supplies that are just sitting here waiting to be used.

4.) Save $10 each week for Christmas.

5.) Take a photo a day. I did really well with this last year until I started moving and it fell by the wayside. I still took the pictures but didn't get them posted.

6.) Do 365 scrapbook layouts. I did 299 pages this year which is way up from 2008.

post signature



post signature

No comments: