Saturday, November 17, 2007

Housing Market

My blog is usually filled with picture of my grandbaby, my kids or my crafts but Wednesday morning I got a surprise that I was not really expecting. I got layed off at work. I worked for a roofing company and we had been told for the past year that although the housing market was not doing well that the "A" team was in place and we would prevail. Well, working in Accounting as I did, I could see the writing on the wall. I just didn't think it would affect me as early as it did. I really am glad that I am not still there waiting for my layoff. I can only image the stress that the people that are still there are going through. My layoff has happened and I am off to collect unemployment. I did get a week and a half pay and my vacation days so I am set for a couple of weeks.

I have been toying with the idea of opening a day care again. I ran a day care when my kids were little and it is the perfect way to be able to stay at home with your little ones while providing an income. When Nicole started calling around for day care and found out what places are charging and finding no spots available, it got me to thinking. The layoff will just push that thought into reality.

My dad, the kids, Bailey and I are off to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving to see my Grandma. With the birth of Bailey there are five generations and with her being 93 we thought it was the perfect time to visit. When we get back I will get to the serious business of cleaning out the garage and setting up my day care.

No comments: